Save transfer disc

(Chapters 3-6)

Save transfer disc

Postby shinobi47 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:13 pm

I just bought the PAL version of shenmue ii and I want to experience it the way it supposed to be. I want to transfer my NTSC shenmue one file save, and I've seen things about file transfer discs but I can't seem to get them to work. Does anyone know where to get a good file and what program to burn the disc with?
User avatar
shinobi47
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: February 2016
PSN: the_robtarded
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby alexh86 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:22 am

Search theisozone.com for the ROM. That site also has a pretty good walkthrough for making sure your DiscJuggler settings are correct. Once you have all of those settings as they should be, burn the disc at the slowest setting your drive will allow and it should be perfect. I never make a coaster and I don't even use high quality media. You're also going to need a Windows PC (or a Mac with Windows installed as I have). You will never get consistent and reliable results on a Mac.

alexh86 has received a thanks from: shinobi47
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: December 2014
PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby Sappharad » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Just burn a copy of Codebreaker and run the game with the following code:
0205AAA4 910B6241
0105AAAA 0000A003

It will let you continue from a US or Japanese save without converting it.

Sappharad has received 2 thanks from: shinobi47, strider16
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: October 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby shinobi47 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Thanks I'm gonna try to burn the transfer disk later and I got a cheats n codes disk to play the game
User avatar
shinobi47
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: February 2016
PSN: the_robtarded
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby strider16 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Sappharad wrote: Just burn a copy of Codebreaker and run the game with the following code:
0205AAA4 910B6241
0105AAAA 0000A003

It will let you continue from a US or Japanese save without converting it.


I didn't know codebreaker could to this. But well, the file converter disc did its work well.
User avatar
strider16
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: June 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Portal Stories: Mel

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby shinobi47 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:42 pm

Thank you sappharad, The code breaker code worked great and I will use this from now on. The save transfer disc didn't burn well but codebreaker works very well.
User avatar
shinobi47
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: February 2016
PSN: the_robtarded
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:30 am

strider16 wrote:
Sappharad wrote: Just burn a copy of Codebreaker and run the game with the following code:
0205AAA4 910B6241
0105AAAA 0000A003

It will let you continue from a US or Japanese save without converting it.


I didn't know codebreaker could to this. But well, the file converter disc did its work well.


This has only been discovered recently by Sappharad.
User avatar
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff
 
Joined: August 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby Sappharad » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:15 pm

shengoro86 wrote:
strider16 wrote:I didn't know codebreaker could to this. But well, the file converter disc did its work well.


This has only been discovered recently by Sappharad.

I wouldn't really call it a 'discovery'. It wasn't something hidden that I happened to find. I disassembled the game and patched the logic that checks the save region so that it would allow any region. (The code changed is documented in the thread where I posted it, along with instructions how to patch it into the game so you don't need a cheat device for it.)
Someone could have done it back in 2001, but I guess nobody with the appropriate knowledge tried until late last year. It was on my wish list, so I finally went and did it.

As for the comment itself, yeah, codebreaker and probably every DC cheat device is capable of this. The cheat devices can modify values in memory. When you load the game, the game code is also in memory, so we can use codebreaker to 'install' the patch that would otherwise be applied to the code on the disc. Most codes just modify game memory as opposed to the game code itself in memory, so this type of patch is much less common. I hope this makes sense.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: shinobi47
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: October 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby drunkensailor » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 am

man save yourself all the hassle and go play the pal version of shenmue 1 first, burned or original, doesn't matter. then use that save.
User avatar
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: November 2005
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Save transfer disc

Postby shengoro86 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Sappharad wrote:
shengoro86 wrote:
strider16 wrote:I didn't know codebreaker could to this. But well, the file converter disc did its work well.


This has only been discovered recently by Sappharad.

I wouldn't really call it a 'discovery'. It wasn't something hidden that I happened to find. I disassembled the game and patched the logic that checks the save region so that it would allow any region. (The code changed is documented in the thread where I posted it, along with instructions how to patch it into the game so you don't need a cheat device for it.)
Someone could have done it back in 2001, but I guess nobody with the appropriate knowledge tried until late last year. It was on my wish list, so I finally went and did it.


Didn't mean to make you upset. Poor choice of words on my end. I wrote "discovery" as a quick hand way of saying that you created the patch. I didn't want to get too technical on my response to his post. Thanks for your work btw.

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Sappharad
User avatar
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff
 
Joined: August 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)


Return to Shenmue II

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net