101 PUR 100 Cédric Biscay Shenmue 3 producer

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

101 PUR 100 Cédric Biscay Shenmue 3 producer

Postby Shenman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Hello everyone ! :)

Here is a rapid translation of the latest interview from Cedric Biscay on the French TV channel "NoLife" :

http://noco.tv/emission/25671/nolife/101-pur-100/cedric-biscay-producteur-de-shenmue-iii Shenmue 3 part
Stream will go down on 02/18/2016
starts at : 6:50

Davy Mourier (presenter) : You have another project that you are working on right now, it is Shenmue 3. It is a Sega game so how did you get the license for that ?

Cedric Biscay : I’m a great fan of Shenmue since the beginning, I played 1 and 2 and like all the other fans, I asked why don’t we get a third installement ?

DM : You asked that question for quite a long time right ? (laughs)
CB : I always wondered why nobody was doing it… It sounded like the issue was ecenomical as the Dreamcast failed to sell well enough.
Knowing Yu Suzuki via my professional network in Japan, we discussed it and Sega wouldn’t let the licence go to whoever asked for it.
But they let it go after Shibuya Production made a serious offer to them. We succeed where a lots of major actors of the industry failed.
Those actors wanted it not only for business but mainly for the aura, the image that it represents, it is a very anticipated game and ever since we’ve announced it, it remains as one of the 100 most anticipated game.

GUEST : There was a kickstarter on it ?

DM : Kickstarter gather 6 millions

GUEST : Did you launched it ?

CB : Yes, with Japanese staff and we broke 2 world records with it…

GUEST : Wich records ?

CB : Fastest kickstarted game, we had the first million in 45 minutes and 8 hours for the second.

GUEST : Damn, wait for me, I have something to do (laughs)

CB : We also broke Kickstarter for a moment, We got a twitter notification to say the campaign was too popular and flooded the platform.

DM : You broke records, it is a huge amount of money… You launched another kickstarter on paypal this time, why ?

CB : No, it was not a second kickstarter, it is another crowdfunding operation asked by the japan staff. They got a lots of people asking to maintain the donation availability as Shenmue fans would like to continue donating to Shenmue 3.
This is another concept, the community is extremly active and want to keep the donation… I think you know this kind of thing with donation right ? (adress to GUEST)

GUEST : I was here to ask this question and I apologize in advance but this is not a kickstarter right, it is not as serious and strict as a kickstarter campaign so you can maybe understand that some people are not confident on this move, this has not the same guarantee…

CB : I can understand that people are not welcoming this second donation campaign but as far as it is a community request, we are pretty confident in it.
Fans want to participate more so we provide them with a way to do it, we are not in the press debates or anything…

GUEST : I can understand that but, the real question is and I do not wish that to happen at all : if Shemue 3 would not be made in the end, Kickstarter money will go back to the backers…

GUEST : You think that the money will go back to the backers ?

GUEST : Yes, this is a Kickstarter rules…

*Kickstarter bullshit debate…*

CB : No, I think that no one can have his money back if the goal is reached on KS. The only way is if the project didn’t met his goal.
Everyone know that on KS, there is not much of a guarantee about seeing the project be launched than on any other crowdfunding platform.

DM : People get a copy of the game ? or their name in the credits ?

CB : It depends on what you pay for, lots of people wanted the game in early acces…

DM : They pay for a game that ship in 4 years ?

CB : No i twill ship on Christmas of 2017 and we will keep the deadline. People backed for a lots of different things like name in the credits, having its own NPC ingame…

DM : We can be in the background of Shenmue 3 ??

CB : Yes

DM : OK

CB : And as a player, It would really got my interest ! (laughs)

DM : In 2013, you organize the Monaco Anime game show with the staff of the toulouse game show and since a year, you continue solo on the Monaco Anime Game International Conference (Magic)

*Joke on Davy that forgot the « Game » in MAGIC*

DM : So What is the Magic ?

CB : We wanted a free and very qualitative event on the exchange between authors of Video games and Animes.

DM : Free ? at Monaco ?? Didn’t they tried to kill you ?

GUEST : You have the 15€ Sandwich (laughs)

CB : That’s not true, we have good agreement and it is cheaper than most of the time… Even autographs are free…

DM : Americans are accepting that ??

CB : Yes yes, I think americans would accept lots of thing if their interest are met…

DM : Who are the guests ?

CB : Terasawa Buichi, Cobra creator… Yu Suzuki, Shenmue creator.

Pardon my english again and enjoy :)

Shenman has received 6 thanks from: fittersau, Giorgio, Mr357, Sonoshee, Switch, Telekill
Shenman
Shenmue Master Staff
Shenmue Master Staff

PSN: Shenman
XBL: Shenman
Steam: Shenman
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout 4

Re: 101 PUR 100 Cédric Biscay Shenmue 3 producer

Postby FlagshipFighter » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Thanks. Gosh, it sounds like the interviewers were harrassing him! I like hearing Cedric Biscay's confidence regarding the Dec 2017 release, he seems to really want to ensure that it meets that at all costs... (Which makes sense) still happy that this is real thing that's happening and not a dream! XD Even though I backed it, it feels like so long ago that I forget that it's a thing I've already paid for xD

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

FlagshipFighter has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Shenman
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby fittersau » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Dec 2017 is going to be such a busy period for franchises.. Avatar 2, Star Wars 8... Shenmue 3.

fittersau has received 2 thanks from: Esppiral, FlagshipFighter
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:22 pm

People only have so much entertainment money to go around in December. I think, realistically, the release date's going to have to slip. It won't be an easy thing for Disney to do but I'm sure the fans will understand.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Shenman, Yokosuka
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:58 pm

The original video (free available until February 18th) : http://noco.tv/emission/25671/nolife/10 ... henmue-iii

JapanFM 2016 February 9th interview (french) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/x018b ... Biscay.mp3
Shenmue talks at 0:51:00, 0:56:45 and 1:29:00. Nothing new if I remember well.

Yokosuka has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Giorgio
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Giorgio » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:11 am

Thank you for the translation! That "GUEST" sounds like a pretty melon farmer. No doubt why the TV channel is called "NoLife".

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Shenman
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Mr357 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:12 pm

fittersau wrote: Dec 2017 is going to be such a busy period for franchises.. Avatar 2, Star Wars 8... Shenmue 3.

Star Citizen would be the real killer if it released within a month or two of Shenmue III.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Telekill » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm really happy to hear that at least as of now, the Dec 2017 release time frame is still something they really want to meet. Here's hoping that holds true and we don't see significant delays like other Kickstarter projects.

I agree with some on here that it seemed that the guests were almost attacking Cedric with their questions. Very strange.

Telekill has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Telekill wrote: I'm really happy to hear that at least as of now, the Dec 2017 release time frame is still something they really want to meet. Here's hoping that holds true and we don't see significant delays like other Kickstarter projects.

I agree with some on here that it seemed that the guests were almost attacking Cedric with their questions. Very strange.

Could be the bullshit press is starting to rub off on people. Could just be an isolated incident though.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:33 pm

French press is very hard on the story around money and paypal campaign + the fact that Cedric is almost unknown in the industry. ](*,)

As Cedric said in the desert bus interview, this is a very french way to treat information sadly :(
Shenman
Shenmue Master Staff
Shenmue Master Staff

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Bleh, what is it about games journos thinking they're hot shit when they barely take the time to research a subject?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:21 pm

I saw the complete tv show and the mood was totally friendly (it even ended by a Nerf guns battle). The bearded guest is a cool guy actually (co-creator of Dofus) and I found the other guest very polite about the explanation of his doubts.
I think Cédric appreciates this kind of frank questions because he's here specially for counter misinformation and even joked about Michel Drucker a French tv presenter famous for being the king of hypocrisy with his guests.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Telekill
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Yokosuka wrote: I saw the complete tv show and the mood was totally friendly (it even ended by a Nerf guns battle). The bearded guest is a cool guy actually (co-creator of Dofus) and I found the other guest very polite about the explanation of his doubts.
I think Cédric appreciates this kind of frank questions because he's here specially for counter misinformation and even joked about Michel Drucker a French tv presenter famous for being the king of hypocrisy with his guests.

That's not so bad then. It seemed quite blunt in the text version.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Maybe it is my bad english, sorry about that ^^
Shenman
Shenmue Master Staff
Shenmue Master Staff

Postby Peter » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:58 am

Awesome Shenman. Can't wait to meet you all soon :)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Next

Return to Shenmue III