Xiuying vs Iwao

Postby SMDzero » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:37 am

Who would win in a fair fight?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Re: Xiuying vs Iwao

Postby GYO6161 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:12 am

Young Iwao would win but shenmue 1 intro Iwao? hmm...don't think so.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:29 am

Hmmm, I don't know if Iwao can stay... focused xD

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:51 am

She's the second most powerful character we've seen (and we don't actually know if she's not even more powerful than Lan Di).

Also, we don't know if Iwao was actually that great, all we know is he killed lan di's father, and he got easily beaten by Lan di.

So yeah, Xiuying.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby 500yen » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:31 pm

I was pondering this too, as Xiuying seems to just totally outclass Ryo by light years. While it is not a fair comparison against Iwao (specially since we don't know how he performed at his prime when he was younger), I would bet on Xiuying.
The coolest thing ever would be to see her fight against Lan Di, but that seems unlikely to happen (only if she steps in to save Ryo's butt).

She made a comment about "If you can't even defeat me, how can you hope to defeat the person you're getting revenge on" but it seems to me like it was more of a humble thing to say, not necessarily acknowledging Lan Di's superiority (and we also don't know if she knows exactly who he is, or even whether he is the strongest in the Chi You organization which since we found out about the other bosses is not necessarily true).

PS. what do you guys thing about Jianmin against Iwao? he is 75 years old but who knows :shock:
500yen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby BlueMue » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:43 pm

We don't know for sure what Iwao is capable of. The intro certainly doesn't make him look like a very skillful master but maybe it's just because Lan Di just that ridiculously powerful that Iwao's mastery looks like nothing.

Xiuying is another riddle though. She definately shows that she is way beyond Ryo's abilities and is able to defeat Dou Niu in one hit, though I always assume she's just mean and kicks him in the balls lol.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby SMDzero » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:42 am

Iwao was a karate master while Xiuying was a kung fu master.

Everyone knows kung fu easily destroys karate...
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:55 am

Don't forget that, according to Shozo Mizuki, Iwao knew the "Shadow Step" move which could help turn the tide in battle. Ryo even asks Shozo why "he didn't use it that day" to which he responds "Sometimes a clean getaway is also victory". Maybe there was a life long guilt there (the death of Sunming Zhao) which Iwao was willing to die for at the hands of Lan Di.

But as for Iwao vs Xiuying, I don't really know. It would have been an interesting battle, that's for sure.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:03 am

Sonoshee wrote: Don't forget that, according to Shozo Mizuki, Iwao knew the "Shadow Step" move which could help turn the tide in battle. Ryo even asks Shozo why "he didn't use it that day" to which he responds "Sometimes a clean getaway is also victory". Maybe there was a life long guilt there (the death of Sunming Zhao) which Iwao was willing to die for at the hands of Lan Di.

But as for Iwao vs Xiuying, I don't really know. It would have been an interesting battle, that's for sure.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that hobo's slanderous accusation that Iwao committed suicide. He was probably mentally ill or under the influence of narcotics hence why he is homeless despite gainful employment literally driving right past his lazy worthless ass everyday.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueMue » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:30 am

Sonoshee wrote: Don't forget that, according to Shozo Mizuki, Iwao knew the "Shadow Step" move which could help turn the tide in battle. Ryo even asks Shozo why "he didn't use it that day" to which he responds "Sometimes a clean getaway is also victory"

You're mixing something up here. Ryo asks why you didn't use it that day. He of course means Shozo and the day where he got harassed by the bikers. Yeah it's a pretty big jump going from "My father?" to asking about the move but that's the typical Ryo.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:47 am

BlueMue wrote:
Sonoshee wrote: Don't forget that, according to Shozo Mizuki, Iwao knew the "Shadow Step" move which could help turn the tide in battle. Ryo even asks Shozo why "he didn't use it that day" to which he responds "Sometimes a clean getaway is also victory"

You're mixing something up here. Ryo asks why you didn't use it that day. He of course means Shozo and the day where he got harassed by the bikers. Yeah it's a pretty big jump going from "My father?" to asking about the move but that's the typical Ryo.

I'm pretty sure his line was "If he knew that move, why not use it that day?", not "If you knew that move, why not use it that day."

If anyone else can chime in to set the record straight, it'd be good. Happy to admit I put my foot in my mouth :P
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:23 am

Sorry Sonoshee :-o

Source: BlueMue "Shadow Step" fail video :king:

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Sonoshee
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:29 am

Yeah it must've been the "My father" part that threw me off. Foot firmly in mouth lol :P :mrgreen:
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiske » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:31 am

Sonoshee wrote: Yeah it must've been the "My father" part that threw me off. *Foot firmly in mouth lol :P :mrgreen:

*This expression is killing me... seriously :D

Kiske has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Return to Shenmue