Our story with Shenmue (Chinese Shenmue Fans Club)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Our story with Shenmue (Chinese Shenmue Fans Club)

Postby Peter 蔡 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:13 am

Hello guys, long time no see. :D :D

Recently, we wan to write a short article or story about the first time playing Shenmue, our feeling to Shenmue, the attitude to the Chinese culture in the Shenmue.

We really want to share the story with the Shenmue fans all around the world.

So now, we need to know what story you are interested in?

Can anybody give us some advises?

Thank for your helping.

We will write a good story to tell you how Shenmue be in China.

Peter 蔡 has received 5 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, johnvivant, Kiske, Mr357, yuc02
Peter 蔡
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: caimantis
XBL: mantisjojo520
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue I and II

Re: Our story with Shenmue (Chinese Shenmue Fans Club)

Postby Kiske » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:05 am

Hi!

I think this is a great idea and I'm very interested in discovering your views (as Chinese Citizen) on Shenmue and the way a Japanese game creator depicted the Chinese culture.

My first question would be: "What do you think about the integration of Chinese people in the Japanese society as we can see it in the first Shenmue?"
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Peter 蔡 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:44 am

Kiske wrote: Hi!

I think this is a great idea and I'm very interested in discovering your views (as Chinese Citizen) on Shenmue and the way a Japanese game creator depicted the Chinese culture.

My first question would be: "What do you think about the integration of Chinese people in the Japanese society as we can see it in the first Shenmue?"

Thanks for your question, we will discussed it in our story. :king:
Peter 蔡

Postby yuc02 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:49 am

Hi, welcome back.

I'd like to know how did you guys hear about the game initially, and whether anyone play on Dreamcast or is it all on emulator? Also do anyone play the English language version (especially 1st game)?

Secondly I wonder if anyone is/has been in contact with Yu Suzuki to help with gathering of materials for the game?

Oh and by the way, are you on the 百度贴吧?
yuc02
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: yuc2002

Postby Peter 蔡 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:26 am

yuc02 wrote: Hi, welcome back.

I'd like to know how did you guys hear about the game initially, and whether anyone play on Dreamcast or is it all on emulator? Also do anyone play the English language version (especially 1st game)?

Secondly I wonder if anyone is/has been in contact with Yu Suzuki to help with gathering of materials for the game?

Oh and by the way, are you on the 百度贴吧?

Yes, I'm on the 百度贴吧 and invite you join the QQ group.

I can answer you firstly, I played shenmue 1 and 2 on Dreamcast (Japanese version) on that time. It's very few person who bought DC 15 years ago, I paid very high cost to play shenmue. Although I know little Japanese, I can briefly understand the story of shenmue 1 and 2, and most of the fans shared the same situation with me. :P
Peter 蔡

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:19 am

I would like to see how chinese gamers in general react when playing japonese games like Shenmue, once I have a chinese friend here in Brazil and he hates japonese people...
I showed him the game, the story, the chinese enviorment in Shenmue II, and he kind like it... but his racial discrimination was stronger, what let me wonder how hard it is for some chineses to let the past behind and admire Shenmue for its beauty instead of making judges over cultural references.

Was I clear? My english is not that good...
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MoonStar15 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:50 am

It was awesome for me when Ryo got to Mainland Zhong Guo in Shenmue 2. How was it for you?

Would it be great to have Chinese town man or woman telling Ryo about how great it was for them to have met Mao ZhuXi when they were young at the parade in the capital of Mainland Zhong Guo Beijing. It's like how a few Shenmue fan say it was great for them to have met Mr. Suzuki at the MAGIC event.

phpBB [video]
MoonStar15

Return to Shenmue III