It's that time again...

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

It's that time again...

Postby Telekill » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:49 am

This is reference Shenmue 1 & 2 HD being released on PS4 and PC.

With Shenmue 3 in development and it being a resounding success on Kickstarter, one would assume that either at E3 or TGS this year that if it were to happen, it would be announced at one of these shows by Sega. Considering that we still currently have a Dec 2017 release date for the third game (I'm aware it will probably get delayed), that leaves a year and a half to release an HD collection and allow both fans and new comers to replay these games on the platform currently hooked up to their TV's (I'm sure many of you still have a Dreamcast but for the sake of argument).

We've seen fan support out the wazoo for an HD collection. We've seen numerous polls from various Sega sites. We've had many Save Shenmue HD tweet-a-thons. Do we think Sega has listened? What are the odds of it happening? My guess is that if the HD collection is not announced by the end of TGS this year, that it will never happen. 2017 is the prime time frame for Sega to release it. I'm hoping they will.

Your thoughts?

Telekill has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Kiske
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Re: It's that time again...

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:57 pm

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/with_replies

See Cedric's first retweet. I think we're getting close to something.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:19 pm

I'm with you OP, but Cedric seemed adament that a delay would be unlikely as they are really relying on that holiday period and I don't think they have the funds for YS.NET sustain themselves beyond that, though you never know.

@Spaghetti I wonder, do you think Cedric or Yu would be in the know if a HD remaster was happening? Or would SEGA be keeping it to themselves? Honestly, as long as they're isn't anything like licenses of engine preventing them, then I really don't get why they don't just do it when they have this opening window. As with valkyria chronicles which they've just ported to PS4 and PC prior, it should do really well for them. They can easily sell it for $60/£40 if they sell it as a bundle imo...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:32 pm

I don't think even Sega is Sega enough to make Shenmue 1 & 2 HD without having a quiet word about it with the people making Shenmue 3. That would be just... something else. Even for them.

Regarding Cedric's retweet though, while it's tempting to read more into it, all it would take is for someone else to have recently retweeted or "liked" that tweet and it would appear in Cedric's notifications, where he might have finally noticed it for the first time and reacted accordingly. So it could subtly mean a lot, or it could easily mean nothing.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:I don't think even Sega is Sega enough to make Shenmue 1 & 2 HD without having a quiet word about it with the people making Shenmue 3. That would be just... something else. Even for them.

Regarding Cedric's retweet though, while it's tempting to read more into it, all it would take is for someone else to have recently retweeted or "liked" that tweet and it would appear in Cedric's notifications, where he might have finally noticed it for the first time and reacted accordingly. So it could subtly mean a lot, or it could easily mean nothing.

Very good point, i almost forgot what Sega has actually become. I agree, i think they would have consulted them by now if they are indeed doing it...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I don't think even Sega is Sega enough to make Shenmue 1 & 2 HD without having a quiet word about it with the people making Shenmue 3. That would be just... something else. Even for them.

Yeah, it's not a smoking gun or anything. It's just curious that he did it.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:Regarding Cedric's retweet though, while it's tempting to read more into it, all it would take is for someone else to have recently retweeted or "liked" that tweet and it would appear in Cedric's notifications, where he might have finally noticed it for the first time and reacted accordingly. So it could subtly mean a lot, or it could easily mean nothing.

Your theory makes sense. Except for the fact that Cédric replied to this tweet on July 18th 2015.
https://twitter.com/cedricbiscay/status ... 7746840576

This doesn't make your theory wrong. It could be something similar though.

This could also be a desperate attempt to notify Sega that Shenmue 3 needs the HD remasters (worst case scenario) or this could be something else, who knows.
Maybe the day of the retweet is a very special day for both Cédric and Yu. (Hope is last thing to die)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Return to Shenmue