E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Postby fittersau » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Yokosuka wrote: A hype comparison just to know the successors of Shenmue III this year.

Goes to show how much Shenmue 3 was talked about.. more than Zelda this year! :D
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:29 pm

south carmain wrote: honestly if I can't buy a fanta in shenmue I don't think its even worth playing.

Is that you Joel??

fittersau has received a thanks from: -=SPZ=-47
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SledgeNE » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:41 am

I don't awaited anything special on this E3, but i had a little hope about to see a little Gameplay-Demo of Shenmue III, but it seems that it is to early for this. Perhaps later this year?

E3 was boring this year. At the last year we had action at the shows, but this time it was more quiet.
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:30 pm

The important thing to remember here is development time, I think.

Yeah, they could have shown something, but it wouldn't have held a candle to the spectacle of games like God of War, which is apparently much farther along than people thought.

Sony dominated the conference and didn't even show their biggest weapons, such as Shenmue or FFVII. I think you'll see Shenmues big cinematic reveal at PS Experience in December.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:30 am

Valascaziel wrote: The important thing to remember here is development time, I think.

Yeah, they could have shown something, but it wouldn't have held a candle to the spectacle of games like God of War, which is apparently much farther along than people thought.

Sony dominated the conference and didn't even show their biggest weapons, such as Shenmue or FFVII. I think you'll see Shenmues big cinematic reveal at PS Experience in December.

I think they'd probably save a big re-reveal like that until E3. Cash those cheques made in 2015, etc.

PSX in December would have given them a reasonable amount of time to work on presentable materials though, so I'm not gonna discount anything like I did with E3. Depends really when they plan to do motion capture for cutscenes, and dialogue recording.

Although, they could do a Zelda: Breath of the Wild style trailer that's solely focused on gameplay and environments. That'd make a cool PSX teaser, though it's hard to convey what Shenmue is about in trailers.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sappharad » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Spaghetti wrote:I think they'd probably save a big re-reveal like that until E3. Cash those cheques made in 2015, etc.

PSX in December would have given them a reasonable amount of time to work on presentable materials though, so I'm not gonna discount anything like I did with E3. Depends really when they plan to do motion capture for cutscenes, and dialogue recording.

Don't forget about the "trial version" for the higher backer tiers that's supposed to come out sometime in the first half of next year. I'd expect to see that before E3. That build is probably going to result in a large amount of stuff revealed outside of a major event, unless they do said reveal themselves and the trailer they release consists of content from the backer trial.

If they don't delay the game or the trial, E3 is going to be one of the last big events they can show it at before release. PSX in December or MAGIC early next year will probably be the next chances at a big reveal. I would be fine with them delaying the trial until after E3 next year, as long as they'd announce a final release date at E3, even if they need to push it back a couple months to early 2018.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:05 pm

I'm not disappointed that they didn't show anything, but I am disappointed the incompetent imbeciles running the Kickstarter/Paypal couldn't even so much as send a Tweet acknowledging the one-year anniversary.

I can't wait for their three-sentence update in two weeks that says something about it being a year full of tears or whatever cliche nonsense they tend to write, all in garbled English full of typos.

They're so bad.

I guarantee you there are people in and outside this community that would do an amazing job and not even expect compensation.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Esppiral
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Well they did hire one guy from the community (well I don't know if they "hired" him but they are working with him) but the only effect it really had was inflate his ego to the point where people couldnt fake being happy for him anymore.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:38 pm

south carmain wrote: Well they did hire one guy from the community (well I don't know if they "hired" him but they are working with him) but the only effect it really had was inflate his ego to the point where people couldnt fake being happy for him anymore.

Do you mean Kid Nocon?

I was surprised they didn't hire (or try to hire?) Esppiral tbh, his renders are amazing.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Esppiral
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:58 pm

nah I'm sure kid Nocon is doing great work though to be honest I consider him as a bit of a seperate case as his lack of English skills means that he hasn't had that big of a presence in the overall internet community other than on stuff that concerns the location remakes that he did. (which were amazing)

south carmain has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonoshee » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Sorry! I wasn't aware that they'd hired anyone but Nocon so that's why I assumed you meant him. I think someone here felt a reflection of Nocon's work in the Shenmue tree in one of the Magic Monaco images. It would be nice to know exactly which parts he's working on though.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:24 am

south carmain wrote: Well they did hire one guy from the community (well I don't know if they "hired" him but they are working with him) but the only effect it really had was inflate his ego to the point where people couldnt fake being happy for him anymore.

I think I know who you mean.

It seems like he basically just gave himself a title and they were nice enough to let him say he's allowed to be the 'official' whatever he is.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:38 am

I think I know who you all mean.

I'm not particularly impressed by said fan's efforts to promote the series. Seems half-baked and for the most part, preaching to the choir. Not to mention odd ideas about pitching Shenmue to people on Martial Arts groups on Facebook instead of, y'know, game fans on gaming websites.

Even my pokey little MAGIC Monaco thread on GAF probably got more outreach.

Sappharad wrote:Don't forget about the "trial version" for the higher backer tiers that's supposed to come out sometime in the first half of next year. I'd expect to see that before E3. That build is probably going to result in a large amount of stuff revealed outside of a major event, unless they do said reveal themselves and the trailer they release consists of content from the backer trial.

If they don't delay the game or the trial, E3 is going to be one of the last big events they can show it at before release. PSX in December or MAGIC early next year will probably be the next chances at a big reveal. I would be fine with them delaying the trial until after E3 next year, as long as they'd announce a final release date at E3, even if they need to push it back a couple months to early 2018.

Mm. I can see the trial version launching with, or after MAGIC Monaco.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: I'm not disappointed that they didn't show anything, but I am disappointed the incompetent imbeciles running the Kickstarter/Paypal couldn't even so much as send a Tweet acknowledging the one-year anniversary.

I can't wait for their three-sentence update in two weeks that says something about it being a year full of tears or whatever cliche nonsense they tend to write, all in garbled English full of typos.

They're so bad.

I guarantee you there are people in and outside this community that would do an amazing job and not even expect compensation.

It really is embarassing that they did nothing for the anniversary.

My guess is nobody was expecting Shenmue 3 to get so much success so before E3 they just hired the cheapest PR company that could speak both english and japanese... and ofc like the losers that they are, AJ isn't taking this huge opportunity to improve professionally and grow as a company. #-o ](*,)

Luckily they can't damage the game anymore, but that month 1 year ago was absolute total frustration. ](*,)
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:37 am

I don't get the exact AJ job right now:
- they're updating the gathered funds and number of backers when they're inspired by the weather.
- they answer pretty quickly our questions in Kickstarter.com (copy/paste or not). Their only real credit.
- their updates are insanely short, under-informative, poorly written and often clumsy. But he biggest blot is their lack of passion across their texts which all look very generic. A non-Shenmue fan would have done better.
- they're not the fiscal accountants of the campaign.
- they don't manage the rewards shipment.
- they don't have an official community manager. Their individual roles are not clear.
- in a nutshell, they're useless.

These guys just get the golden cushy job by pretending to be hardcore fans and hoping Suzuki to hire them.

My guess is the same as yours. AJ have to manage other projects besides Shenmue III, meaning YSnet has not to pay much to employ them.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Esppiral
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III