Easter eggs in Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Easter eggs in Shenmue 3

Postby Ir0nic11 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:07 am

Hey guys, whats everyone's opinions regarding easter eggs in shenmue 3.

Hopefully some more duck racing followed by some kickass fights with QTE's. Little things like that and the capsule toys helped make the game the way it was. I'm so exited to see what we have in store for us. (Hmmm i think i will have another try) \:D/
Ir0nic11
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Easter eggs in Shenmue 3

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:44 pm

The only Easter eggs I am not excited for, is to see dude's faces in capsule toys, Lucky Hit boards etc. I really wish they will include an option to turn this feature off, because otherwise it will really derail the experience. =D>
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Tsubasa » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Giorgio wrote: The only Easter eggs I am not excited for, is to see dude's faces in capsule toys, Lucky Hit boards etc. I really wish they will include an option to turn this feature off, because otherwise it will really derail the experience. =D>

Not dude's faces only!
I really hope they will include an option to turn off all investor's rewards in order to let players having a real Shenmue experience, not a fuckin' faces/NPCs/quotes/etc patchwork.
Tsubasa
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Tsubasa wrote:
Giorgio wrote: The only Easter eggs I am not excited for, is to see dude's faces in capsule toys, Lucky Hit boards etc. I really wish they will include an option to turn this feature off, because otherwise it will really derail the experience. =D>

Not dude's faces only!
I really hope they will include an option to turn off all investor's rewards in order to let players having a real Shenmue experience, not a fuckin' faces/NPCs/quotes/etc patchwork.

An option for that? Keep dreaming lol.

2 board backers btw.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Ir0nic11 wrote: Hey guys, whats everyone's opinions regarding easter eggs in shenmue 3.

Hopefully some more duck racing followed by some kickass fights with QTE's. Little things like that and the capsule toys helped make the game the way it was. I'm so exited to see what we have in store for us. (Hmmm i think i will have another try) \:D/

Fishing has a lot of potential.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Sappharad » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:18 pm

I guess they never really stated how they would handle it, but in my mind it seemed like it wouldn't be out of place at all. For the capsule toys, I'm expecting they'll be done in the style of capsule toys and won't look out of place next to Virtua Fighter characters and things like that. Having only played one game in the Virtua Fighter series, I'm not familiar with most of the toys anyway, and so at times it felt like the toys were of random characters in the first place. They already had random objects in the capsule toy machines like anchors and little cars, so a bunch of random people (generic man 1, generic man 2, generic woman 1, etc.) hadn't bothered me when they announced it. Same thing with the board backgrounds, I'm expecting them to stylize them to fit the game. Even Mighty No. 9 did that with the backer portraits, they had an artist re-draw them to fit the art style of the game.

They sort of said that's what they'll be doing with backer NPC's anyway, making them members of the Chiyoumen so it doesn't seem out of place when a majority of them aren't Chinese. That fits with well with canon since most of the men in black suits weren't asian.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Ir0nic11 wrote: Hey guys, whats everyone's opinions regarding easter eggs in shenmue 3.

Fishing has a lot of potential.

Maybe Yu Suzuki will let you be able to catch the Hylian Loach????!!!!!!!!!!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Ir0nic11 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:39 pm

I like the idea of fishing, especially when working around bailu village, gives that sence of reality in different poverty places, where you have to hunt your food.

I don't believe that it will be a massive part of the game IF it is even included though.

As for the capsule toys, that's what i felt made it good, that whole sence of randomness. This means that it was a bit of a pain to find that 1 in which you needed for money, makes you spend more money on them. I mean i was only 8 when the original shenmue came out so things like that was what interested me as a little kid.
Ir0nic11
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 pm

EDIT: DERP, wrong thread.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Iyo » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:56 am

A reference to sailors would make the greatest easter egg ever.

Or telling us 15 years was a long wait.
Iyo
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Iyo wrote: A reference to sailors would make the greatest easter egg ever.

Or telling us 15 years was a long wait.

Noooooo. Leave that shit for the messages in the guest books. Shenmue III needs to avoid the memeified aspects that make up such a tiny portion of the first game (sailors, forklifts) for it to be taken seriously.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:41 pm

The ability to feed local kittens would be a nice touch.

south carmain has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby punkmanced » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Unlikely, but good idea nonetheless.
Hopefully, Suzuki & co can find a way to include the backers subtly.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 am

I like to know how arcade games would fit in a remote Chinese village. Maybe side games that mimic the likes of Hang On, Space Harrier, and After Burner?
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:10 am

RyoHazuki84 wrote: I like to know how arcade games would fit in a remote Chinese village. Maybe side games that mimic the likes of Hang On, Space Harrier, and After Burner?

Maybe as part of a game room made for local gangsters? Going by the images released the chiyoumen are present there and probably have a much higher purchasing power than Chinese peasants
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Return to Shenmue III