One Shenmue III Fear i have......

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Do you think Shenmue IIIs Sales could be killed by Piracy? (Total votes: 20)

Yes unfortunately that looks like it will happen
15%
AWW Hell No! (its shenmue bro! who would pirate it?)
55%
Maybe
30%

One Shenmue III Fear i have......

Postby Senpai Gamer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Hello my fellow Shenmuers! (i couldn't think of a better name meh!)

AS you all already now Shenmue III is only coming to the PS4 and PC at the moment and as you also all probably now Suzuki-san has stated in an interview(i think it was an interview) that US Shenmue FANS need to MAKE shenmue III a SUCCESS.

Now he did not say that in order for the game to sell well but instead to give us a chance at having a possible Shenmue 4 in the future after the release of Shenmue 3.

Now as you all already now Shenmue 3 is only available via kickstarter and PayPal at the moment and we all have put our money down on either one of those sites which will all help the development of the game.

But is the amount of Pledgers enough to guarantee a sequel? I hate to say it but i dont think so.

I believe its likely that Shenmue 3 will come to STEAM and PSN either around the same time or some time after the physical releases which are slated to ship sometime around December 2017.

Now i believe if it comes to PSN it will easily sell quite well since some fans who bought the physical version will also want to buy the Digital version.

However i see STEAM as the problem here. As you now STEAM does quite well in terms of the sales of games yet its created to support the platform known as PC which has A LOT of piracy going on and its here where im scared about how shenmue 3s OVERALL sales will fair.

Now i dont now if you heard but apparently "PC games will become UN pirate-able within the next 2 years"
Source:http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/07/cracking-group-says-no-more-pirated-games-in-2-years

Do you think Shenmue 3 might escape piracy? on PC??

Now its here where i wanted all of your feelings and opinions. Personally i dont mind piracy as long as its not MASSIVELY affecting the OVERALL sales of a game but here are my questions for you all:

Do you think Shenmue III will become pirated on PC when it comes out?
OR do you think it wont?
And if you think it WILL then do you think PIRACY might KILL the chances for Shenmue IV?
Also what do you think Shenmue IV will be? A kickstarter or an offical non-kickstarter type game?

Lastly an offtopic question but....Do you see a ShenmueXYakuza in the next Decade or so \:D/
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IX

Re: One Shenmue III Fear i have......

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:25 pm

One thing that is sure to boost Shenmue 3 sales is the release of a Shenmue 1&2 HD. (Preferably, as a freebie on PS+). That will raise Shenmue 4's chances significantly.

As for Piracy, I don't think it will be pirated any more than every other PC game, it's something developers/publishers have to accept when releasing PC games. Pirates will find a way...
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:27 pm

More Shenmue III will get pirated, more people can experience the saga and contribute to the hype through discussions and web then sales come naturally with the fanbase extending.

But I don't mind if YSNet & Shibuya do everything to protect their game. Hard to prove what is the best policy to take anyway. My only wish is they don't chose Denuvo. Often got annoying problems with Denuvo games. That techno is a pain, really.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:30 pm

Yokosuka wrote: More Shenmue III will get pirated, more people can experience the saga and contribute to the hype through discussions and web then sales come naturally with the fanbase extending.

But I don't mind if YSNet & Shibuya do everything to protect their game. Hard to prove what is the best policy to take anyway. My only wish is they don't chose Denuvo. Often got annoying problems with Denuvo games. That techno is a pain, really.

Weren't the "faults" with Denuvo debunked as a myth?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Senpai Gamer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:15 am

Yokosuka wrote: More Shenmue III will get pirated, more people can experience the saga and contribute to the hype through discussions and web then sales come naturally with the fanbase extending.

What do you think of that PC trial demo?

Do you think we might get like a release of some sort of free PC demo as the game nears completetion?
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby GYO6161 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:55 am

I would have liked if Shenmue would have sticked as a ps4 exclusive but oh well. Im sure if a HD collection happened it would come to pc aswell so yeah, i hope it has some drm that will prevent it.

Just curious, are UE4 games crackable or have they been cracked?
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby yun3 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:04 am

Is there an option for 'it doesn't matter" because if people pirate it, Shenmue could become more popular as there is more access to it > bigger fanbase > more support > more sales for Shenmue IV
yun3
Banned
Banned

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:09 am

Insanely hard QTE to install.

elfshadowreaper has received 3 thanks from: Batosai, Mr357, Sonoshee
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Batosai » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:43 pm

I don't know how complicated it is to implement good security as they are on a limited budget. The other thing is lots of people hate DRM content and I would like them not to use this or any systems like this that may reduce potential purchases because pirates will always find a way or just program software that breaks security. So use security that is within there budget and annoys the least amount of people.
Batosai
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:45 pm

I understand your concerns but unfortunately, piracy in our art and entertainment is a part of what happens. I know many posters here will not resort to such a thing. With our contributions to the kickstarter, we made one giant leap to its success.
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:01 am

I think piracy will be an issue for S3 but not moreso than for any game. So yes, piracy needs to be dealt with, but it needs to be dealt with proportionately and it would be wasted effort to think you could prevent it from happening.

It is an issue for all games out there and yet a lot of games still succeed. We will have to do the same.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:31 am

I'd enjoy seeing something like these methods employed.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:22 am

Nope. Most people that would buy this game already gave the 60$ up front.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:02 pm

i don't think shenmue will suffer anymore than any other game. but it is a sad fact of the industry.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Senpai Gamer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:26 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Nope. Most people that would buy this game already gave the 60$ up front.

What about the gamers who diddnt invest? There are many, i mean some of my closest friends who dont now a thing about Shenmue 3 or shenmue but did hear about its big accomplishments when it was announced at E3 last year all intend on checking the game out in order to see what the fuss is about.

So i am afraid to say that personally i think the game will be pirated by the masses of players who dont now a damn thing about it. I believe it was during the #SEARCHFORLANDI podcast that one of the guys on the podcast expressed his fear on the fact that some modern day gamers might find shenmue boring(due to it being so centered around detail which ofcurse in my opinion it isnt a bad thing at all!) so therefore they might not wanna put down money for it which would mean pirating it.

side note: I chose to reply to you over the rest of the people who posted simply due to the fact that most of them were saying the same thing so i hope no one was hurt by me choosing your comment as the one to reply too! [-o< 8-[
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to Shenmue III