Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:47 am

20 pages. There is more hype than the E3 2015 thread had before the announcement.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Valascaziel » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm going to hinge a bet that it will be a fully cinematic reveal trailer, replete with brief(very) snippets of the FREE Battle system.

I think it will be so because they need to really prove what magic is happening. Too many Kickstarter games have failed to deliver(Mighty, etc.). Sony has confirmed they are assisting in some form. They(and we) fought hard to make this a reality. They won't let shoddy footage make it onto their biggest stage and neither will Yu.

Lots of fun rumors cropping up for this PSX. There are source-backed leaks regarding Last of Us 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 4 as a couple of the unannounced surprises. I'm also going to say FFVII Remake will show up, as XV will finally have been released. If these bombshell games are true, Shenmue needs to be a bombshell in turn and I think they'll deliver.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby James Brown » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:48 pm

Anyone know how the PSX show is going to work...since it's spanning over 2 days.

Will there be a schedule of events?...press conference type thing like E3? Looking forward to it :)
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:59 pm

The two-day event kicks off with a PlayStation Showcase on Saturday morning, which is the equivalent of the press conference at E3. I think the rest of the weekend is mainly just an expo for attendees to try out various games on the show floor and members of the press to record interviews, etc.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: James Brown
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Telekill » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:07 pm

James Brown wrote: Anyone know how the PSX show is going to work...since it's spanning over 2 days.

Will there be a schedule of events?...press conference type thing like E3? Looking forward to it :)

Pretty much what Let's Get Sweaty said. All announcements will be made during the opening press conference with the rest of the time for the attendees to try out the games and try to get all the cards for this year's playing card deck. As there have been card decks for the last two years and if Shenmue makes an appearance... expect a Ryo Hazuki PSX 2016 card. :D

Telekill has received a thanks from: James Brown
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Sappharad » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: The two-day event kicks off with a PlayStation Showcase on Saturday morning, which is the equivalent of the press conference at E3. I think the rest of the weekend is mainly just an expo for attendees to try out various games on the show floor and members of the press to record interviews, etc.

The showcase (where they'll announce things) begins at 10AM PST on Saturday and runs for roughly 90 minutes.
Aside from what you've already mentioned, there are 6 panels planned which will also be held at various times. The panel schedule for Sunday has been announced, nothing to note on there, but there are 3 panels on Saturday that are being kept secret until that day. Each of those panels is an hour long, the first one is at 12:00 PST. There are also some game tournaments in the evening.

If there's anything worth seeing that isn't on the live stream, I'll make my best effort to record then upload it Saturday night.

Sappharad has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Let's Get Sweaty
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:10 pm

So you guys getting excited yet? :lol:

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Gavan, GYO6161, James Brown
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby celsowm » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Peter wrote: So you guys getting excited yet? :lol:

Yeah

celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby Telekill » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:53 pm

I'm always excited for PSX; I enjoy it more than E3. With the possibility of Shenmue related announcements and\or showings being at this year, I'm over the moon. I'm actually hoping more for a Shenmue HD Collection announcement than info on Shenmue 3. The reason being that I know Shenmue 3 is coming and I have faith that Yu Suzuki and team will do a great job. An HD Collection being announced would make my day as that's something that has been in flux for years but finally has a chance of becoming a reality. That said, I'm not holding my breath.

Beyond Shenmue, I'm hoping to see the following shown or announced at this years PSX:
- Dino Crisis reboot with Regina (I always want this)
- Mass Effect Andromeda release date
- Mass Effect Trilogy remaster for PS4 (last remaster I want)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 info
- Detroit Become Human info (release date would be nice)
- God of War reboot info
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake info (next year is the 20th anniversary so)
- Some random announcement that will make my jaw drop like E3 2015 did.

Telekill has received 3 thanks from: celsowm, Let's Get Sweaty, Yokosuka
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Peter » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Well the HD announcement has as much a chance of anything else. If you believe hard enough that it was a sensible business decision to remake them, then this event and E3 are the only logical event's for it to be announced. If now Saturday, then E3 will be as much of something to get excited about.

I'm actually very excited for tomorrow, with it being a week of hard work, excitement, seeing if we will get an update, build the hype for Saturday. This is a big week.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:32 pm

A possible foretaste of PSX with this Esppiral's artwork: Ryo wearing a traditional Chinese outfit!

Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby fittersau » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:38 pm

celsowm wrote:

Yeah

Hah that slack jaw. :mrgreen:
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby punkmanced » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Well, I’ve got faith in whatever they plan on revealing. Suzuki won’t disappoint; I’m sure we’ll get something to wet our appetites and leave us wanting for more.
(Fingers crossed for a nice teaser trailer!)

Then again…if they don’t show off some kind of proper Ryo model after 1.5 years of development, I'll be rightfully pissed. I mean, it’s not like Kidnocon had a working model ready before he joined the S3 war effort...oh wait.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:14 am

I'll always find it weird how Ryo's model looked good in that Famitsu scan ( http://i.imgur.com/4wSDLjV.jpg ) compared to this: Image

It almost as if it's a different model all together, but I bet it's just the lighting playing tricks on us.

Two faced Ryo..

phpBB [video]
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 am

Rikitatsu wrote: I'll always find it weird how Ryo's model looked good in that Famitsu scan ( http://i.imgur.com/4wSDLjV.jpg ) compared to this: Image

It almost as if it's a different model all together, but I bet it's just the lighting playing tricks on us.

Two faced Ryo..

It looks better than in the E3's video, but for me these Ryo have a merely resemblance to the Ryo we all know. I understand that Ryo's model has to evolve because of using a brand new engine but I trust in Yu's team and they will make a good job and Ryo will look as good as we think.

By the way, for me, it looks better in this picture (the first they released), I suppose it has to do with the light..
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III