Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:26 pm

I'd be more annoyed than worried if it didn't show up.

We know they've made strides far ahead of anything we've seen since February, but the perfection complex that got the E3 trailer pulled at the last minute could rear it's head again.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Spaghetti,

Any new teases on the Sega front regarding a possible HD surprise?
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby celsowm » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Cedric retweeted Dojo about Ryo Birthday = more 10% in my hype train

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status ... 0742886400

celsowm has received a thanks from: delvec19
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Valascaziel wrote: Spaghetti,

Any new teases on the Sega front regarding a possible HD surprise?

Beats me.

I'd call what SEGA is doing acknowledgement rather than teasing, but their attitude to Shenmue has changed hugely in recent years.

SEGA has been warming up to Shenmue again for a long time, especially in the European division. I remember the days when they flat out used to refuse to talk about the series. Things definitely began to change when Shenmue merchandise started appearing, Ryo being in both All Stars Racing games, etc.

I personally thought it culminated in SEGA allowing Yu to use the licence, but after the tremendous amount of humble pie SEGA ate when Shenmue III smashed crowdfunding records, I could see them cooperating with YSnet in terms of a unveiling and release strategy for the HD remasters.

I have no idea if PSX will be the venue for the HD remasters to be announced officially, but it's not as unlikely as any other.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: celsowm, SheepheadCG
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sappharad » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Sony just announced that Hideo Kojima is going to be there and there's going to a panel dedicated to his new game Death Stranding:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/29/ ... xperience/

There are still 2 unannounced panels. Just throwing this idea out there, what if they don't cover Shenmue at all during the Playstation Showcase and instead announce that it's going to be one of the hour long panels? That would be really great. (Just a reminder that those are streamed as well, and they post high quality versions to YouTube later.)

Sappharad has received a thanks from: Mr357
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:34 pm

I think those panels are going to be reserved for games that are... more important... for Sony.

They're making a huge deal out of Death Stranding despite there basically being very little to show, for example. I don't think Shenmue III is going to be one of those panels. Could be wrong, but they're more likely to be for two unannounced titles.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby delvec19 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Most of the updates have been early in the morning. So we shall see...
delvec19

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:33 am

delvec19 wrote: Most of the updates have been early in the morning. So we shall see...

They usually go live around noonish GMT, so we won't really know the score for another seven hours or so. That's just my guess, there's not much consistency with update time so it could be any time before December 1st in Japan.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sappharad » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:48 am

Spaghetti wrote: I think those panels are going to be reserved for games that are... more important... for Sony.

They're making a huge deal out of Death Stranding despite there basically being very little to show, for example. I don't think Shenmue III is going to be one of those panels. Could be wrong, but they're more likely to be for two unannounced titles.

I'm just trying to suggest the best possible scenario. 8)

Keep in mind that the panels are usually just informative presentations about various topics. For example, one of the Sunday panels is about the process game developers follow to make games more accessible to gamers with disabilities. Last year they had a panel about motion capture, and one about storytelling in games. I think anything goes, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two unannounced panels is not about a specific game.

Anyway, maybe tomorrow's (or tonight) KS update will just be announcing that new details will be revealed at PSX? Since the Kojima thing was announced today, the autograph sessions yesterday, maybe they plan to reveal one new thing each day this week? There are still mystery timeslots for both panels and guests, they could probably get away with revealing something each day this week and still have plenty of surprises to announce during the show.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:13 am

Sappharad wrote:I'm just trying to suggest the best possible scenario. 8)

Keep in mind that the panels are usually just informative presentations about various topics. For example, one of the Sunday panels is about the process game developers follow to make games more accessible to gamers with disabilities. Last year they had a panel about motion capture, and one about storytelling in games. I think anything goes, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two unannounced panels is not about a specific game.

Oh sure. It'd be nice to see Yu contributing to a panel, but I think Kojima appearing to talk about Death Stranding indicates the overall direction they'll be going in with the unannounced panels, which is strong first party focus.

It really depends how many rumours for PSX come true, I guess.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:29 am

I'm afraid those panels are for first party games. Unfortunately, Shenmue 3 is not as important as Kojima's games. It would be great indeed if one of those were for Shenmue but I'm don't think so.

They will show Shenmue 3 among other games during presentation, maybe they will focus on a presentation like "a long awaited game it's finally here" but not much. However I'm sure we will be impressed with what will see.

17.30 in japan and no update yet, this could not be more interesting!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:01 am

shenmue 3 is pretty much first party. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was on the panel
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:12 am

Yep. No update seemingly is coming. Never thought I would be glad to not see an update.

Peter has received a thanks from: delvec19
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jibby » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

During the Kickstarter we had to fight all the bullshit media that claimed Shenmue III was first party. It's not, it's being developed by Neilo and YS.NET; two companies that have nothing to do with Sony. Sony are only publishing the PS4 version so I don't think it'll have a panel. The success of Shenmue isn't really that much of an important factor for Sony compared to first party titles like Death Stranding possibly some new Naughty Dog games.

Jibby has received a thanks from: Rikitatsu
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:43 am

I can't stop refreshing this page lol Trying to do some work and every couple of minutes I just zone out thinking about Saturday. I told everyone around me that I don't exist until the end of the conference so hopefully something happens, but if not, we still have the Shenmue 2 Movie stream :D!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III