Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Xandui » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:18 pm

The lack of marketing for Shenmue since the original reveal does make me nervous. Feels strange to not have some nod to the project in e3 or now this when it was such a massive moment in gaming history that even non-shenmue fans are sure to remember.

I almost hope we don't get anything substantial from Monaco because the game needs visibility in gaming events that actually have an audience beyond us.

I know tensions are running high here but I do wanna say I think we should take a breath and find solace in that we can still look forward to a big reintroduction of the game at some point in the future and I'm sure that moment will usher in a homestretch to release with much more visibility for the project than we've had to this date.

Hang in there folks, we've been through a lot these past 16 years (literally never lost hope for shenmue news every single e3 in all that time like many of you). A few more months to a proper trailer/reintroduction won't kill us and stressing about things + turning negative only serves to make us miserable.

The fact that we're even getting Shenmue 3 is still a damn miracle and I'm gonna hold on to that in moments like this.
Last edited by Xandui on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xandui has received 3 thanks from: delvec19, FlagshipFighter, Kintor
Xandui
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Are we still thinking on a 2017 release when they can't decide on a trailer ?

I feel the same about magic, it's not good exposure, but I guess shibuya should get something out of producing the game.

It is a bit worrying that they still can't show something decent from the actual game but well, at least no spoilers.

Pretty much.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby b_ren » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Well done on the stream Peter I think you done a really good job. Shame that nothing was shown but there we go.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:22 pm

All that one-hour stress for nothing hahaha
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm not angry, just feel a little sad and dissapointed.

Can there be a chance that one of the talks is YS ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Yokosuka wrote: All that one-hour stress for nothing hahaha

You mean 2 months.... We've all been looking forward to this day. Everything pointed to it... Even the producer teased it.

Oh well, part of being a Shenmue fan...
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Well, there's still a chance they'll show something from the game at the end of the year as a Christmas present.

But they can't keep us in the dark much longer.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:29 pm

:evil: :idea: So Peter, did you just guess or hope that Shenmue III would be at PSX? Was it just hoping for the best or being positive? I honestly feel wound up.
Last edited by Himuro on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Technophilz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:29 pm

All I can think of after all the disappointment I had since Shenmue III announcement is Shenmue "No. 9" ...
Last edited by Technophilz on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:30 pm

I hope you all feel bad like I said you should. :)

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: O Rei do Frango Assado
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:31 pm

yeah Magic won't cut it for its next reveal, if thats what they have planned then I don't have much hope for the game to sell much beyond its kick starter allocations.. which means no Shenmue 4.

their best opportunity other than next E3 has just been lost... just pushing out a trailer on YouTube randomly or at Magic (which hardly anyone pays attention to) is a sure fire plan to commercial failure.

Cedric kept hinting it was going to be at PSX by re-tweeting people asking about it... he could have easily said "I'm not aware of any reveal at PSX" but he didn't.
Last edited by RiGoRmOrTiS on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:33 pm

What a fucking waste of time watching this psx shit!

When the hell do they think to release a trailer?
A good oportunity to reach more people with this event has gone! They are not Getting more backers like this!
I'm fucking dissapointed, why Cedric didn't say they weren't going to show anything? Why said in his last tweets 'today I say yes' to a fan when he asked if we should pay attention to psx?

What a shit! More than a year and they didn't show shit...

About the mistery panels, do we know if theres a possibility?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Himuro wrote: :evil: :idea: So Peter, did you just guess or hope that Shenmue III would be at PSX? Was it just hoping for the best or being positive? I honestly feel wound up.

As I've said in multiple posts, along with other backers who sat with the Executive Producers and Yu himself, we were strongly hinted that Shenmue 3 would be shown at PSX, in 2 months. If they changed the plans, then I would suggest sending them an email and letting them know you are wound up.

I am a little disappointed but I am still happy we have the existence of Shenmue 3. You will too, in time.

Peter has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby SMDzero » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:36 pm

I can't believe this.... I was counting on such a great trailer and then.... nothing.

Maybe Peter can at least hint at some of the things he saw to tide us over?

I'm not sure the game will hit in December 2017.... I'd say it'll probably come out Q1 2019.... we'll probably get the first teaser at PSX Experience 2017... full trailer E3 2018 :puppydogeyes:

The industry doesn't even care about Shenmue 3 anyway..... they never did.

The only way Shenmue 3 was ever valuable to them was for an announcement .... now that that's over they just don't care anymore. The HD releases will never come out either... at least not in the next 5 years. :sad:
Last edited by SMDzero on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:39 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: I hope you all feel bad like I said you should. :)

Yep, can't say I didn't see this coming. I mean, I'm obviously not happy about Shenmue 3 being a no-show, but most people here were just setting themselves up for disappointment, being insanely hyped and acting as if it had been confirmed that Shenmue 3 would be at PSX, and I said as much earlier today.

Keep your cool, people. Since we're all Shenmue fans here, I'll guess we're all adults here, already in our 30s.
There is more life beyond Shenmue. Live it, enjoy it, and when the devs think they have something ready to show, they'll show it. And yeah, there's no way the game won't be delayed. I never believed otherwise and, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if we only got it in 2019. Which means there's still plenty of time and occasions to market the game.
Last edited by O Rei do Frango Assado on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O Rei do Frango Assado has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
O Rei do Frango Assado

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III