Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:41 am

Not really Spags....

See it's a shit position to be in, in a way. We were told not to say anything really, hence why I've just stuck to hinting. Now the reason we will have just been told not to say anything, as compared to signing an NDA, I assume was to not spoil the surprises. Thats also the same reason I don't want to reveal too much. I don't want to bust your excitement bubble and you know what's coming in a months time. It severely damages the impact of it when you see it.

This is a full trailer. LanDC has already said it's a reveal of all areas. Each so different than the last. The atmosphere, weather, scenery all so varied and absolutely nailed for the environment it represents. Also, there are some extras in there, not just demonstrations of the area's, but other aspects of a game. It's a very juicy trailer that will satisfy, and one you will replay over and over and over again.

I might even do a live recording of the event because I know my reaction will be the exact same as it was the first time I seen it. Just spectacular, and you will really value how much Yu is still at the helm of Shenmue, and that it wasn't passed onto another studio. Think back to the example I gave about the colour pallette. You will completely understand that when you see it.

Peter has received 4 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Gavan, Kiske, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby celsowm » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:47 am

Peter wrote: What I mean by changing the complexion and opinion of Shenmue 3 is the general mellow relaxed, sometimes agtitated feelings of the fans considering we are 15 months since the Kickstarter finished, and all we have had is a very ropey tech demo from the announcement trailer, a few testing screens and some sweeping shots of Shenhuas home, and Bailu Village. Nothing major or over the top.

The trailer that will be shown will be a polished cut (I don't understand why people doubt what we have been told directly from the team) of what we were shown and I can only give my opinion on my own personal interpretation of it. Compared to having zero Shenmue 3 for 14 years and then a few teasing shots and videos since the Kickstarter, this video blew me away. Not just graphically that it actually looked like a quality design compared to what we have had, but also because somehow with a new engine and team, it still looked absolutely Shenmue. It looked like Shenmue on the Dreamcast with better graphics. There's a sort of trailer spoiler I can't reveal whatsoever which is right at the start, and when you see that right from the beginning, you will completely understand what I mean. This trailer will generate nothing but love from the fans because of these points alone. at least from a true Shenmue fan I hope.

But these are my opinions only. Whatever could be released next month and everyone hates it. That's completely possible, but as I've said from the start all I could do is assume a lot of Shenmue fans are like me and really know and love this series. All I could to is just try and reassure you all that this game is going to impress. For all I know E3 could happen all over, and they pull out of PSX last minute, but I very much doubt that. What we seen could have been released as we seen it! But Yu said he wasn't happy with some aspects. just one more month to go so please, be patient for a little while longer, and you will have buckets of info to micro analyse.

celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Peter wrote: Not really Spags....

[awesome stuff]

December really can't come soon enough.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm in the same boat. I want to fast forward through November also!

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Gavan, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Peter wrote: It looked like Shenmue on the Dreamcast with better graphics. There's a sort of trailer spoiler I can't reveal whatsoever which is right at the start, and when you see that right from the beginning, you will completely understand what I mean.

I may have an idea what this might be.

I'll spoiler the speculation in case I'm right, but:

It's (part of) the opening cutscene of Shenmue in UE4.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Can I please suggest that we stop nudging and prodding Peter for information and secret signs. He's probably already given away more than he wanted to, out of politeness and a feeling of obligation that he doesn't need to have at all.

A month really isn't much longer to wait, there's no legitimate reason why we should know what's coming, and if we felt we needed to, then we should have made the personal sacrifices that Peter made to get the ten thousand dollars required for the privilege.

(But Peter, just between us - did you see Ryo kill Lan Di???) :-$

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Don't take my theorising to mean I'm trying to sweat Peter for info, it's just the forum equivalent of thinking out loud.

Peter and LanDC have said plenty already to whet our appetites.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Gavan, Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Peter I can't say how excited I am about the trailer coming next month.

Do you think the trailer is as satisfying as say... the Shenmue 1 ODCM trailer?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:06 pm

My english is not that good so I couln't understand everything what Peter said, does what Peter said mean that is confirmed we are going to see a trailer or it is just an speculation?

Thanks!
Last edited by Hazuki00 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Jesus Christ why did i read Peter's last post..... how am i gonna get through November now?
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:19 pm

A more pertinent question for Peter would be:

Do you feel this trailer will be strong enough to generate a spike in Slacker Backer donations?
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:06 pm

The S1 ODCM trailer was a cinematographic bomb, I doubt we'll get anything like this. If we get something like a Shenmue II early trailer style, I would be happy.

Hazuki00 wrote: My english is not that good so I couln't understand everything what Peter said, does what Peter said mean that is confirmed we are going to see a trailer or it is just an speculation?

Thanks!

The trailer is real, he just can't tell anything about the exact content.

A time counter in Shenmue Dojo would be great.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Sappharad » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Yokosuka wrote:The trailer is real, he just can't tell anything about the exact content.

A time counter in Shenmue Dojo would be great.

It wouldn't be fair of them to do that. It's not an official countdown. Whether Shenmue 3 will be shown at PSX in December is still just very good speculation. We know they won't show anything before December, we know Yu Suzuki will be in LA in December for a Kickstarter dinner, and we know PSX is in December. That isn't official confirmation that it will be shown at PSX, even though it makes sense.

Also, now that it was mentioned on previous pages I had to go and look at 'the cache' for myself. They can fix that, has anyone tried to notify them about it? I can direct them to instructions on how to fix it if for some reason they don't have an actual server admin to do it.

Sappharad has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Peter
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:51 pm

The way to find out updates isn't rocket science. it's not hacking if any kindly and it's not like there's a full update sitting there waiting to be released. It's just how websites are built that can allow you to see some hints as to what's coming.

Of course I am not leaving, but I am not going to say anymore. It's not fair on you guys, plus it's so close. Just hold a little bit longer. It will fly by. It's happenine December. The time is right, and I cannot wait to see the reactions.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Jibby » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:04 am

Peter is such a legend
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss