What are you looking forward to in Shenmue III?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What are you looking forward to in Shenmue III?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 am

And long may the trend continue!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Monkei » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:06 pm

^ Love how you keep getting that "fuck you and fuck Batman v Superman"-reaction by making fanboy-incompatible comments on here :lol:

Monkei has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Well... just in case I die in the near future... my name is Nilo, I live in Marília, São Paulo Brazil. And the way of checking if I still alive is checking my activity here. If I'm more then 3 months without getting online on the forum... than I'm probably dead! Adding my whatsapp number 55 14 997496677 is a nice way of getting in touch with me. If I don't answer you... I'm dead.

My final words for Shenmue III credits are: "Fuck you SEGA, thanks for the license given to Yu Suzuki anyway"
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:35 pm

The_Fuzileiro wrote:Adding my whatsapp number 55 14 997496677 is a nice way of getting in touch with me.

Is this a subtle way of asking people to check out your dick pics?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:42 pm

The_Fuzileiro wrote: Well... just in case I die in the near future... my name is Nilo, I live in Marília, São Paulo Brazil. And the way of checking if I still alive is checking my activity here. If I'm more then 3 months without getting online on the forum... than I'm probably dead! Adding my whatsapp number 55 14 997496677 is a nice way of getting in touch with me. If I don't answer you... I'm dead.

My final words for Shenmue III credits are: "Fuck you SEGA, thanks for the license given to Yu Suzuki anyway"

I won't stand for this! If you die Nilo, then I will not play Shenmue 3 as show of solidarity!

SMDzero has received a thanks from: The_Fuzileiro
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby SledgeNE » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:34 am

Listen to the Soundtrack when i walk through the landscapes. I enjoyed that in both Games so much. And, of course, the story. ;-)
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:37 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the steam page for Shenmue 3 which will have its own discussion forum.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby nygaard88 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:22 am

ShenGCH wrote:
The_Fuzileiro wrote:Adding my whatsapp number 55 14 997496677 is a nice way of getting in touch with me.

Is this a subtle way of asking people to check out your dick pics?

Lets start a whatsapp group for shenmue fans.. not for the D
nygaard88
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Peter wrote:
Himuro wrote: Being alive when I get to play it.

Not to sound morbid, but I very much second this. It's so strange... I've started looking twice before I cross the street and stuff like that. I know it's not exactly a healthy frame of mind, but it would just be my luck to finally make it this far and give so much of my life to Shenmue for something bad to happen right before release. I'm going to hell anyways which is bad enough, but if I get down there before Shenmue 3 then they will have to redefine the concept because I will fucking wreck the place.

It's not morbid, Peter. I developed bad eye floaters 7 months ago from a drug I took (for fitness purposes). I now see my floaters in all lighting conditions and sadly, even when playing games! Sucks to know I won't be able to truly relax and fully appreciate the surroundings in S3 because I'll be too busy avoiding the bright colours like the sky to avoid directly seeing my floaters so prominently. Severe eye floaters are a debilitating condition... anyway, I don't want to bring this place down so I won't mention them again unless asked, but rest assured you are sensible to look twice before crossing! Live healthy and enjoy S3 when it arrives! :-)

ShenmueForeseen has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, The_Fuzileiro
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby King John Blaze » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:53 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:
Peter wrote:
Himuro wrote: Being alive when I get to play it.

Not to sound morbid, but I very much second this. It's so strange... I've started looking twice before I cross the street and stuff like that. I know it's not exactly a healthy frame of mind, but it would just be my luck to finally make it this far and give so much of my life to Shenmue for something bad to happen right before release. I'm going to hell anyways which is bad enough, but if I get down there before Shenmue 3 then they will have to redefine the concept because I will fucking wreck the place.

It's not morbid, Peter. I developed bad eye floaters 7 months ago from a drug I took (for fitness purposes). I now see my floaters in all lighting conditions and sadly, even when playing games! Sucks to know I won't be able to truly relax and fully appreciate the surroundings in S3 because I'll be too busy avoiding the bright colours like the sky to avoid directly seeing my floaters so prominently. Severe eye floaters are a debilitating condition... anyway, I don't want to bring this place down so I won't mention them again unless asked, but rest assured you are sensible to look twice before crossing! Live healthy and enjoy S3 when it arrives! :-)

Nothing about this is morbid at all. It just shows what Shenmue means to us. Somehow this has become more than just a game. I love the Mass Effect series, the themes of BioShock and the theatre that is Metal Gear but the love and interest I have for those games is nothing compared to what I have for Shenmue and that is saying something.

Words simply can't describe my love for that game and it's characters. Funny enough, I can tell you why it's a great game but I can't say what makes me so engrossed in its story, especially when nothing is really unique about it. You know, Asian boy has his father killed and seeks revenge using martial arts and not a ballistic weapon. Story script wise nothing special up whatever it is, something magical is done with the setting, characters and the tone to make this a truly unique and special game.

I remember hearing the news about Shenmue 3. I was not in a good place mentally. Stressed from work, struggling with my relationship and buying a property. I remember reading the news on the train and my whole day just turned for the better and I am definitely being extra careful when crossing the road or driving to make sure I'm alive for the day.

King John Blaze has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, ShenGCH
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:52 am

King John Blaze wrote:Nothing about this is morbid at all. It just shows what Shenmue means to us. Somehow this has become more than just a game. I love the Mass Effect series, the themes of BioShock and the theatre that is Metal Gear but the love and interest I have for those games is nothing compared to what I have for Shenmue and that is saying something.

Words simply can't describe my love for that game and it's characters. Funny enough, I can tell you why it's a great game but I can't say what makes me so engrossed in its story, especially when nothing is really unique about it. You know, Asian boy has his father killed and seeks revenge using martial arts and not a ballistic weapon. Story script wise nothing special up whatever it is, something magical is done with the setting, characters and the tone to make this a truly unique and special game.

I remember hearing the news about Shenmue 3. I was not in a good place mentally. Stressed from work, struggling with my relationship and buying a property. I remember reading the news on the train and my whole day just turned for the better and I am definitely being extra careful when crossing the road or driving to make sure I'm alive for the day.

You hit the nail on the head, dude. I don't think anyone has ever been able to truly comprehend, explain, and/or commit to paper (figuratively speaking) exactly what it is that makes Shenmue so special, but 'magical' is a word that crops up an awful lot, and that really is one of the best (if not only) ways to describe it. When you strip Shenmue down to its bare bones and binary, what do you have? Four locations, lots of examples of interaction, a large amount of NPCs, free battles, QTEs, a pretty unremarkable plot, etc.. But something - something - flows in-between all of these things; the thing that makes describing what makes this game so special such a hard task, which is why 'magical' is perhaps the best description. The sense of realism, homeliness, comfort, and underlying tone certainly help, but the 'thing' always appears to transcend a definitive description.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:58 am

Actually I have to say that if someone dies before Shenmue 3 is released...it'll be sad but it's not like the deceased will be aware of what they are missing.

Heck, they may go to their grave happy with at least knowing that Shenmue is continuing.

In fact, the rest of us left behind may face the hardship of enduring another 15 year wait for Shenmue 4...
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:47 am

SMDzero wrote:
In fact, the rest of us left behind may face the hardship of enduring another 15 year wait for Shenmue 4...

I'd rather wait another 15 years for Shenmue IV than be dead. Not much of a hardship compared to not being alive.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SMDzero » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:07 am

Jibby wrote:
SMDzero wrote:

I'd rather wait another 15 years for Shenmue IV than be dead. Not much of a hardship compared to not being alive.

How is not being alive a "hardship"?

The worst thing would be to get diagnosed with a terminal illness and be told you had until November 2017 to live and just miss Shenmue 3.... :shocked!: THAT would be a hardship in so many ways.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:14 am

ShenGCH wrote:
King John Blaze wrote:Nothing about this is morbid at all. It just shows what Shenmue means to us. Somehow this has become more than just a game. I love the Mass Effect series, the themes of BioShock and the theatre that is Metal Gear but the love and interest I have for those games is nothing compared to what I have for Shenmue and that is saying something.

You hit the nail on the head, dude. I don't think anyone has ever been able to truly comprehend, explain, and/or commit to paper (figuratively speaking) exactly what it is that makes Shenmue so special, but 'magical' is a word that crops up an awful lot, and that really is one of the best (if not only) ways to describe it. When you strip Shenmue down to its bare bones and binary, what do you have? Four locations, lots of examples of interaction, a large amount of NPCs, free battles, QTEs, a pretty unremarkable plot, etc.. But something - something - flows in-between all of these things; the thing that makes describing what makes this game so special such a hard task, which is why 'magical' is perhaps the best description. The sense of realism, homeliness, comfort, and underlying tone certainly help, but the 'thing' always appears to transcend a definitive description.

I hope I'm not the only one who used to imagine my school when I was a teenager, or any other place for that matter, in Shenmue form. I personally love the proportions of the game... it's more 'real' as a result, and that adds to the magic.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III