What ~*May*~ Be Coming in December's Kickstarter Update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What ~*May*~ Be Coming in December's Kickstarter Update

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:51 am

Yokosuka wrote: HYYYYYYYYYPE

Yu Suzuki retweeted the Ali's tweet (the one with Shenhua).

First time his twitter account is active since 7 months.

HYYYYYYYYYPE

Mind you, he also retweeted Gio's tweet about him signing his forklift. Could just be courtesy retweets. We still shouldn't assume it means more yet. (Though it's definitely a good sign imo!)

We're also assuming Gio's tweet is a teaser for more... when it could just be that he wanted to show us that little snippet and that's what he was excited about. (For all we know.)
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby ChiefNeo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:02 pm

punkmanced wrote: The Famitsu screens are a vast improvement over the garbage stock models they had in place during the E3 reveal. They’re definitely on the right track, IMO.
(Granted, they could’ve simply lifted Kid Nocon’s awesome model, had they opted for simplicity.)

That aside, does anyone else get the impression they’re trying to make Ryo look younger?
(ie closer to looking like a 17 year-old)

He does look younger. I mean, he is supposed to be a kid. Problem is that the established design and voice acting gives him a maturity that exceeds his years.
ChiefNeo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Worth to mention, the Shenhua tweet is associated with the accounts of Shuhei Yoshida and Dan Hsu.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:40 pm

ChiefNeo wrote:
punkmanced wrote: The Famitsu screens are a vast improvement over the garbage stock models they had in place during the E3 reveal. They’re definitely on the right track, IMO.
(Granted, they could’ve simply lifted Kid Nocon’s awesome model, had they opted for simplicity.)

That aside, does anyone else get the impression they’re trying to make Ryo look younger?

He does look younger. I mean, he is supposed to be a kid. Problem is that the established design and voice acting gives him a maturity that exceeds his years.

I dunno. He seems like an 18 year old to me. Have you ever seen highly athletic 18 year olds? Ryo fits them to a tee.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Rikitatsu
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby punkmanced » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:52 pm

ChiefNeo wrote:

Yeah, he does look and sound like he’s in his 20’s in the final game. In fact, pretty much all of the high-schoolers in Shenmue 1 do.

It’s just interesting how hey consciously made him look older than his Saturn Shenmue counterpart…only to consider reverting the clock back 15+ years later.

Since the characters’ age are never mentioned or emphasized in-game, at this point in time, giving him an unnecessary facelift- as technically accurate as that would be- would be more of a mindfuck than anything, IMO.

Regardless, it’ll be really interesting to see what they opt for in the end.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:10 pm

I knew people in high school that looked like middle-aged men... And some who looked like pre-teens.
Really, it varies depending on the person.

Ryo in Shenmue 1&2 looks like a perfectly normal 18 y/o. Not too young looking, and not too old looking. Just average.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: I knew people in high school that looked like middle-aged men... And some who looked like pre-teens.

Ryo in Shenmue 1&2 looks like a perfectly normal 18 y/o. Not too young looking, and not too old looking. Just average.

I agree. The US voice just gives him 5 years more.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:25 pm

Not sure how Naoyuki or Ichiro or Nozomi look like they're in their 20's. They pass as 18 years olds just fine if you ask me.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby ChiefNeo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:29 pm

The model that was depicted does not look younger than the dreamcast one to you?
ChiefNeo

Postby ChiefNeo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: I knew people in high school that looked like middle-aged men... And some who looked like pre-teens.

Yea but the question that was posed was if that new model reflects the same age as the old one. To me it doesn't. He looks like a spring chicken haha. The old model also had the lighting baked into the textures, which made him look more mature to my eyes.
ChiefNeo

Postby Kiske » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:28 am

About the December update.

What if the plan has always been to show the new material (trailer, screenshots or whatever) to the 10K backers first and to the rest of the backers and the public, afterwards?

We were hinted at December time for new material and for the reasons you all know, we deducted that it would be PSX.
What I personally had not considered was the Los Angeles dinner with Yu. Now, it took place right? This would mean that all the 10K backers had a sneak peak on the new Shenmue 3 material.

I know this assumption of mine comes out of the blue, but I hope everything is now clear for a public reveal... Some kind of Christmas gift or "Year wrap-up" in other words.

Kiske has received a thanks from: Suzuki Yu
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:37 am

Kiske wrote:What I personally had not considered was the Los Angeles dinner with Yu. Now, it took place right?

It did?
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:56 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
Kiske wrote:What I personally had not considered was the Los Angeles dinner with Yu. Now, it took place right?

It did?

I'm not sure and that's what I would like to know, precisely.
Yu was in the States last week-end according to his twitter account.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby delvec19 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:17 pm

Did anyone on this forum say they were going to the LA dinner?
delvec19

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:11 pm

delvec19 wrote: Did anyone on this forum say they were going to the LA dinner?

I think I read it too!

So next week we'll have new update, maybe thrustday 22? It's almost here!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III