What do you think we will see in this month's update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:51 am

khmlight3 wrote: I contacted YS Net again and they said we should see a update at the end of the month!

Didn't they say this to you in January?

But odds are, realistically, usual service will probably be resumed at the end of this month. They just must have had an exceptionally busy January.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:56 am

khmlight3 wrote: I contacted YS Net again and they said we should see a update at the end of the month!

Maybe Ys Net are so busy and making so much progress on the game that they simply forgot about the January update.

Perhaps the February update will be huge????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby khmlight3 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:22 am

Maybe? I hope!
khmlight3
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby khmlight3 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:23 am

Spaghetti wrote:

Didn't they say this to you in January?

But odds are, realistically, usual service will probably be resumed at the end of this month. They just must have had an exceptionally busy January.

Yes they did!

khmlight3 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
khmlight3

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:23 am

I'd be careful expecting a bigger update than usual this month because they missed January.

Like I said in the December update thread recently, if they missed a month it's because they're busy on the game, not a larger KS update.

But obviously the updates will eventually reflect the hard work put into the game so far. It's just a matter of when they're ready to show it off, which could happen when we least expect it.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: cham69
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:52 am

I wonder when will they release the videos Suzuki was talking about, like he said "early this year". Will there be a videogames event some of this months? Apart from Magic?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Shenmue_Music » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 pm

This is off-topic, but I just wanted to let everyone know that my music is very close to being finished. So stay tuned again guys! :D

Shenmue_Music has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Hazuki00 wrote: I wonder when will they release the videos Suzuki was talking about, like he said "early this year". Will there be a videogames event some of this months? Apart from Magic?

Not that I know of. Videos will probably come via the Kickstarter anyway, rather than debuting at a show.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlackHeaven » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:21 pm

The GDC will be from Feb 27th to March 3rd. But there is not gonna be a showing i think
BlackHeaven
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:55 pm

BlackHeaven wrote: The GDC will be from Feb 27th to March 3rd. But there is not gonna be a showing i think

I agree. GDC has had a lot of special meanings for Yu and the community over the years, and arguably it is the genesis of where the current Shenmue III project took off (meeting with Ryan Payton, talks with Mark Cerny), but I don't think we'll see Yu there again until development is wrapped with the game.

Maybe one day we'll get the fabled Shenmue II development postmortem.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Spaghetti wrote:Maybe one day we'll get the fabled Shenmue II development postmortem.

There was never going to be a Shenmue II postmortem, which GDC management quickly confirmed on social media. That slide at the end of the presentation was just a joke, playing on the cliffhangers the series is known for. Shenmue II as a whole didn't present enough unique challenges to warrant its own additional postmortem, which will be why those parts that were noteworthy were included in the postmortem we saw.

A Shenmue III postmortem would be interesting though, if the later Kickstarter updates don't already cover much of the same content.

PS: I feel like I haven't used the word postmortem enough in this postmortem post, so, postmortem postmortem postmortem.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:There was never going to be a Shenmue II postmortem, which GDC management quickly confirmed on social media. That slide at the end of the presentation was just a joke, playing on the cliffhangers the series is known for. Shenmue II as a whole didn't present enough unique challenges to warrant its own additional postmortem, which will be why those parts that were noteworthy were included in the postmortem we saw.

A Shenmue III postmortem would be interesting though, if the later Kickstarter updates don't already cover much of the same content.

PS: I feel like I haven't used the word postmortem enough in this postmortem post, so, postmortem postmortem postmortem.

Ah, well that explains it.

The best we could hope for now, is if Yu decides to ever do an in-depth dissection of alpha builds of Shenmue, or if the Saturn Shenmue code is rediscovered.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby John Doom » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Finally watching "The Old Man and the Peach Tree" would be great too :)
John Doom

Steam: John Doom
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby SMDzero » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:There was never going to be a Shenmue II postmortem, which GDC management quickly confirmed on social media. That slide at the end of the presentation was just a joke, playing on the cliffhangers the series is known for. Shenmue II as a whole didn't present enough unique challenges to warrant its own additional postmortem, which will be why those parts that were noteworthy were included in the postmortem we saw.

Ah, well that explains it.

The best we could hope for now, is if Yu decides to ever do an in-depth dissection of alpha builds of Shenmue, or if the Saturn Shenmue code is rediscovered.

Wait.. when was the Saturn Shenmue code initially discovered????????????
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Sappharad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:32 pm

SMDzero wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:The best we could hope for now, is if Yu decides to ever do an in-depth dissection of alpha builds of Shenmue, or if the Saturn Shenmue code is rediscovered.

Wait.. when was the Saturn Shenmue code initially discovered????????????

I believe Spaghetti is referring to the fact that Ryan Payton was looking into it last year and that no one has / remembers much about it.

It has not been rediscovered. The "initial discovery" in this case would still be the video that you unlock after beating Shenmue 2.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III