Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Postby Hazuki00 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Technophilz wrote: Image

We're still getting this in 2017 ??? yea right !!

What do you mean? Some clipping or something like this?
I wouldn't worry too much about graphics, as they say the are still working on it. I don't think they are going to use this Ryo's model and none of this material, it's obsolete. They have to make impact so this is not the best way to do it. I am sure they will use the new model of Ryo.

And even if the date of the video it's february, they aren't showing the latest material, this maybe is months old. Suzuki doesn't show updated material.

This e3 will be special.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby sand4fish » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Monkei wrote: Love how you guys are analyzing the hell out of this small tidbit. :D

What else is there to do, and in a Shenmue forum? Play Zelda or Horizon? Work? Nah...

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Monkei
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Imagine.... Being a "fan" of something..... and spending what short time you have in life, to go through a development photo frame by frame, only to highlight any negatives from it. No positives. Just negatives.....

What it must be like to be in your mind....

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Himuro, Jibby, VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Esppiral » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:02 pm

BlueMue wrote: Has everyone got their e-mail from Kickstarter about this? EDIT: Nevermind, got it just now.

Anyway it's great to finally get an update again. And even though it was short again, it was the biggest insight yet.
They still manage to hide Ryo's face... But everything else is going the right way. For some reason I really like how Ryo moves the chair out of the way. Such a minute and simple thing but it seems so natural to have something like this as a apparently normal button command gameplay scene.

And of course it's great to see the Excite QTE machine and especially the notebook back in full glory!

Do slaker backers get anythin?

Yup I am one, I even I have donated I don't receive anything, the Kickstarter page says I have backed nothing.....
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Esppiral wrote:Do slaker backers get anythin?

Yup I am one, I even I have donated I don't receive anything, the Kickstarter page says I have backed nothing.....

Email updates are only sent to Kickstarter backers.

Not sure what you mean about the Kickstarter page.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ManoTemple » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:42 pm

I've been lurking this forum for quote awhile, without ever registering. That said, since this game is being "made for the fans, by the fans," why not conduct a cover art competition? This will not only draw some attention, but also allow each of us, as fans, to vote on what we want in terms of design. In doing so, perhaps Ys Net won't have to hire an artist, and, therefore, more can go toward game development. This $h*t is starting to excite me, so I just had to suggest something -- maybe help us pass time, too.

ManoTemple has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, VukBZ2005
ManoTemple
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Peter wrote:

Imagine.... Being a "fan" of something..... and spending what short time you have in life, to go through a development photo frame by frame, only to highlight any negatives from it. No positives. Just negatives.....

What it must be like to be in your mind....

I know, right? (<- Did I use that correctly? Do English speakers still say that?) :lol: Man, we're getting freakin' Shenmue III in 2017 (or 18).
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ManoTemple » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:49 pm

A delay might be for the best -- not something looked at as a negative.
ManoTemple

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 pm

ManoTemple wrote: I've been lurking this forum for quote awhile, without ever registering. That said, since this game is being "made for the fans, by the fans," why not conduct a cover art competition? This will not only draw some attention, but also allow each of us, as fans, to vote on what we want in terms of design. In doing so, perhaps Ys Net won't have to hire an artist, and, therefore, more can go toward game development. This $h*t is starting to excite me, so I just had to suggest something -- maybe help us pass time, too.

Welcome to the Dojo, I like your idea!
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby delvec19 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 pm

I think most people would support a delay, but I for one would be a little bummed if a it's a year plus. Don't think it will be based off everything I read and hear though.
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ManoTemple » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks! I'm being for real, though. Most people on here seem more than capable of creating something that we'd all gloat over. I thought that one the user's logo design awhile back was quite amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing that used as the logo template for a "potential" fan competition.
ManoTemple

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm

^ Agreed! I really liked that logo design, too.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yama » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Kiske wrote:

By far my favorite grab of the bunch. This of all the images makes it so incredibly real that Shenmue III is coming and is true to form.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: abaww, Monkei
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Doom_Infinite » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Yeah to be honest I think we were better off without this dev room update. It's a bit of a dud compared to previous updates imo. Ryo's clothes look so mismatching that it was the standout to me. I backed Shenmue III big time on Kickstarter with what was a rather large cost to myself, so I'm not just here to complain, but it really bugs me that they are modernizing Ryo in the worst possible way, updating him to today's fashion standards... I love Ryo's style in the original Dreamcast games, he had a good sense of style without seeming fashion conscious.

I actually created a thread over this:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50662
Doom_Infinite

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:31 pm

What a terrible update again. Ryo looks awful, ghost objects, shocking textures, having brought back the most boring arcade mini-game is ridiculous and everybody pretend to be pleased with lol.

Calm down, I'm just joking.

I wonder if we'll get new interface icons or if these ones belong to the UE4/dev interface. I don't have any memory of eye and backward icons.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III