Wreckfest - Spiritual Successor to Destruction Derby

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Wreckfest - Spiritual Successor to Destruction Derby

Postby Telekill » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Not sure how many of you remember or even played Destruction Derby back in the day but it was an absolute blast and one of my favorite racers on PS1.

Original PS1 game:

Two days ago I discovered Wreckfest which is being done by BugBear who created Flatout. Wreckfest is essentially Destruction Derby but for today's hardware. It's going to be available on PC, PS4 and X1.

Apparently, their main site http://www.wreckfestgame.com is taking preorders which act as a form of crowd funding. The list of games I would crowd fund is very small. Shenmue 3 was obviously the top of that list followed by the 4th if it becomes necessary. Destruction Derby and a Dino Crisis reboot were basically the only others. Due to that, I personally went with the $25 PS4 version which gets me the game (no physical copy planned), soundtrack and a couple other perks.

phpBB [video]

I haven't seen anyone talk about this game and as Destruction Derby was a favorite of mine, I thought I would give you guys a heads up. If you enjoy crashing cars, this is probably right up your alley. Thought I would pass the word as this is said to release by end of spring or summer this year. Get it at $25 instead of the $50 they will be asking. There's even a $20 tier if you just want the game. The last tier is $70 which gets your name in the credits and a bunch of other stuff I don't really care about.

Telekill has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, Monkei
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Re: Wreckfest - Spiritual Successor to Destruction Derby

Postby Bambi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Telekill wrote: Not sure how many of you remember or even played Destruction Derby back in the day but it was an absolute blast and one of my favorite racers on PS1.

Original PS1 game:

Two days ago I discovered Wreckfest which is being done by BugBear who created Flatout. Wreckfest is essentially Destruction Derby but for today's hardware. It's going to be available on PC, PS4 and X1.

Apparently, their main site http://www.wreckfestgame.com is taking preorders which act as a form of crowd funding. The list of games I would crowd fund is very small. Shenmue 3 was obviously the top of that list followed by the 4th if it becomes necessary. Destruction Derby and a Dino Crisis reboot were basically the only others. Due to that, I personally went with the $25 PS4 version which gets me the game (no physical copy planned), soundtrack and a couple other perks.

phpBB [video]

I haven't seen anyone talk about this game and as Destruction Derby was a favorite of mine, I thought I would give you guys a heads up. If you enjoy crashing cars, this is probably right up your alley. Thought I would pass the word as this is said to release by end of spring or summer this year. Get it at $25 instead of the $50 they will be asking. There's even a $20 tier if you just want the game. The last tier is $70 which gets your name in the credits and a bunch of other stuff I don't really care about.

I love Destruction Derby 2 and by that I mean the track from the demo disc I had. Come to think of it a lot of my fondest memories of PS1 gaming was from the demo discs that came with the offical magazine. :-k

Anyway I digress, if I see this on Steam I may very well pick it up.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Wreckfest - Spiritual Successor to Destruction Derby

Postby Monkei » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:26 am

Looks really good, and that trailer music is right up my alley, too. I remember Destruction Derby, but never really played it much (due to not having a PS1 myself). I'm a big fan of Carmageddon and wrecking in general though. But since I'm not a big fan of preordering, I'll rather keep an eye in this and wait for the reviews to come in (the last two FlatOuts didn't really score well)..
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to General Gaming