Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby Hazuki00 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:27 am

I know there have been some hints about Shenmue HD and I'm hope I'm wrong but, I don't see Shenmue HD appearing in this E3, because of Sega. So many dissapoinments years ago that I don't trust sega anymore, besides, with the Shenmue3's delay in case of announce Shenmue HD I think they would announce it next year near Shenmue 3 launch.

I hope I'm wrong!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Valascaziel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Some insider source about things are trickling into the Sony E3 GAF threads, specifically regarding unannounced IPs.

Anyone a GAF member that wants to speak in that thread to see if the source knows anything related to Shenmue HD?

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: Jibby
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:35 pm

They are going to bring OG Xbox games to the Xbox One! Possibility for Shenmue II in 4K right there!!

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: celsowm, munchmunch
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:43 pm

BlueMue wrote: They are going to bring OG Xbox games to the Xbox One! Possibility for Shenmue II in 4K right there!!

Shenmue 2 didn't sell much on Xbox, I doubt they'll bring it to the Xbox One Store...
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sappharad » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:59 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:
BlueMue wrote: They are going to bring OG Xbox games to the Xbox One! Possibility for Shenmue II in 4K right there!!

Shenmue 2 didn't sell much on Xbox, I doubt they'll bring it to the Xbox One Store...

Backwards compatibility support and the store are mutually exclusive. There are backwards compatible 360 titles that you can run via disc that they don't sell digitally in the store. Shenmue II was disc only backwards compatible on 360, as far as I know. This will probably be the only modern way to play Jet Set Radio future, assuming Shenmue gets an HD remaster later.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:02 pm

God I could kill for a JSRFHD
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:10 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:
ShenmueLegacy wrote: Ok, so we can conclude with great certainly that Bluepoint & JAW did NOT develop Shenmue remasters.

But based on Sega's past history of remasters, we can conclude to some extent that Blitworks or Sega themselves DID develop it.

Since I don't see Sega caring enough about the saga to do it themselves, my money is on BlitWorks.

If Bluepoint can complete God of War Collection remaster in 3 months, Blitworks can complete Shenmue remasters in 12 or so...

http://bluepointgames.com/games/god-of- ... /overview/

Expect Sega & Blitworks to announce a Shenmue I & II Collection remaster this E3.

It's now or never.

I wouldn't say never. Sega may genuinely have fucked up and just not gone with the ports because... well, they are Sega and have fucked things up in the past, bigly.

It's possible (and in my view now likely) that Shenmue HD won't be announced this E3 but that due to the delay they will consider making them and releasing them next year some time, possibly even at E3 2018. Time will tell.

Sega may put the saga in a tight corner if they do that. Would there even be enough time to convert new fans in that short window?
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:33 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:Shenmue 2 didn't sell much on Xbox, I doubt they'll bring it to the Xbox One Store...

And yet they did make it compatible with the 360, in a time where everyone had forgotten about the series.
Now that Shenmue III is a thing, demand is possibly much higher so why not put it on the list again?
Of course it's a complicated situation, since Shenmue III is in the Sony camp.

It really comes down to the remasters, if we get them soon or not. With those on the table a backwards compatible title with probably very lackluster improvements through emulation is of course absolutely redundand and I doubt Microsoft would bring it up again a possibly Sony exclusive remaster or even remake.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Am I the only one who heard Shenhua Sedge Flower when the guy was playing Ori 2 soundtrack on the piano? I almost had a heart attack!!!!! :shock:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:04 am

Not feeling optimistic about the HD announcement today. Just seems unlikely for some reason...
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am

The HD Remasters are not going to be announced at this E3, and probably ever. Hope you guys realize it before the crushing disappointment tonight...
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Technophilz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:21 am

Xbox One family will be backward compatible with some Xbox titles (both digitally downloaded and disc games), the new bc program will come out later this year through emulation, and the first officially announced title was Crimson Skies which was also backward compatible on 360, so I guess they could start with the 360 compatible titles as the base of their compatibility list on the Xbox One family, and fortunately that list includes Shenmue IIx.
I hope they'd end up providing a better Xbox emulator on the One family than they the one they had on the 360, because Shenmue IIx's emulation was decent but far from perfect on the 360.
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby Kiske » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:24 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: The HD Remasters are not going to be announced at this E3, and probably ever. Hope you guys realize it before the crushing disappointment tonight...

Why do you think the remasters will never come out?
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Technophilz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:26 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: Not feeling optimistic about the HD announcement today. Just seems unlikely for some reason...

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: The HD Remasters are not going to be announced at this E3, and probably ever. Hope you guys realize it before the crushing disappointment tonight...

I share the exact same feeling, everything indicates that Sega doesn't care about the series anymore...
I had the same feeling about Shenmue 3 though, so let's hope another miracle happens tonight...
Technophilz

Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:41 am

Kiske wrote:

Why do you think the remasters will never come out?

Because Shenmue 3's big moment at E3 is 2 years old, and in those 2 years we didn't get the slightest clue about the remasters being in production (not 1 leak, not 1 pic, nothing, zero), aside from some guy on Neogaf fucking about in a thread.

If Sega doesn't make the remasters during what is arguably the best period they'll ever have for Shenmue's popularity (between the KS announcement and Shen 3 release), when will they ever make them?
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III