Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby JohnBlack » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:14 pm

I cant believe that there is so much hate on this sega mobile stuff. They made great job porting genesis games, right now i playing comix zone and there is no lags and freezes, works like magic.

I just cant get this SEGA hate, they bring Shenmue to life, spent crazy amount of money and just gave away one of their best IPs.

JohnBlack has received 2 thanks from: KidMarine, Kintor
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mystere » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:41 pm

JohnBlack wrote: I cant believe that there is so much hate on this sega mobile stuff. They made great job porting genesis games, right now i playing comix zone and there is no lags and freezes, works like magic.

I just cant get this SEGA hate, they bring Shenmue to life, spent crazy amount of money and just gave away one of their best IPs.

Yay... Comix Zone again... I mean, it's a great game but all these titles have been re-released across platforms a dozen times already, via physical collections and via download. Ditto Sonic, etc. Don't get why anyone would be excited by the opportunity to play a bunch of Genesis games on a 6-inch screen, when Gens has made that possible for years anyway.

As for Dreamcast titles... I've said it before, playing Shenmue on a mobile would be like viewing Rome on a postage stamp. Lame.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:33 pm

They're releasing more games.

They're trying to build awareness for their various franchises. It's not the worst idea, but apparently the execution sucks.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

JohnBlack wrote: I cant believe that there is so much hate on this sega mobile stuff. They made great job porting genesis games, right now i playing comix zone and there is no lags and freezes, works like magic.

Don't have any hate towards it but I don't care much about anything on mobile. Even the thought of playing a game on mobile may as well be telling me to eat something that will give me food poisoning. I just find it a miserable experience when I try these things and rather just avoid it. Cool for those who want it I guess. I think these would be better on PC and consoles esp with the upcoming Saturn/DC games.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Amihama0468
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:51 pm

People need to stop confusing disappointment and hate. I know it's cool to be the victim these days but just because something is being critiqued doesn't mean that people hate it...

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Bluecast
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:17 am

If possible, can we migrate SEGA Forever talk over to here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50910

This thread is getting a little long in the tooth anyway and veered waaaaaay off topic a while ago.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue III