Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

Postby Peter » Mon May 01, 2017 11:17 am

Here we go folks, the wait goes on and we count down once more.

We have had the May Kickstarter update released this morning from YSNET, which you can read and participate in HERE, and now the road to the biggest gaming event of the year is ready to be traversed. We dont have a date yet for the Sony conference (which is normal), but if we go on the assumption that it will take place as usual on the Monday night, then we are exactly 6 weeks away from the day when we could potentially have some real Shenmue 3 news.

This year, ive created a poll to help keep things a bit more accessible to see what the general consensus is in regards to what people think will happen at the event. There have been a few rumblings of rumors regarding HD remakes so theres a possibility they will have been in production for some time now and are ready to be revealed. We also havent had anny announcement of a delay for Shenmue 3, with executive producer Cedric Biscay still adamant that this game will see its December 2017 release. That means we are just 8 short months away from this games release. We have still to see the wallpaper images promised to backers from the Kickstarter, the websites inclusion of every backers name, changes made so people can upgrade their original pledges, and of course a demo/trial version which is supposed to be released before launch so it could possibly be a very busy summer for both YSNET and Awesome Japan.

Either way, im sure we all hope these next 42 days will fly by, so lets enjoy the ride!

Sony - TBC - (estimated Monday June 12th)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors & Shenmue 3/E3 related articles

Backers Surveys due during Summer 2017
Sega register http://www.shenmuehd.com
Shenmue 1 & 2 HD to be released in 2017
Romain Mahut Gameblog rumor

Dev Room Progress Report Vol. 3
Posted by Ys Net (Creator)
Greetings Everyone,

In this month’s update we present to you our third development report!
Who’s this new face…? Please check it out!

Thank you for watching and we hope you enjoyed it!
We have also been receiving questions from our backers regarding our plans to participate in upcoming game shows. While our schedule has yet to be finalized, we will be devoting June to game development and as a result, will unfortunately not be participating in any game shows. On the other hand, we look forward to bringing you our monthly updates and hope you do too!
Thank you!
From the Shenmue III Team

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... ts/1895449

Peter has received 4 thanks from: Kiske, Mr357, ShenmueAM2, ShenSun
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby The_Intruder » Mon May 01, 2017 11:30 am

I'm going to say Shenmue III and HD remastered at E3. By E3 the game would be 2 years in development. I'm dying to to see the trailer with gameplay footage.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Jesse » Mon May 01, 2017 11:41 am

I feel like this is a prime opportunity to not only release a S3 trailer but at the end of it have a HD collection stinger.
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Himuro » Mon May 01, 2017 11:52 am

I'm going all in this time. Have a good feeling.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Mon May 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Despite what i may or may not know, after PSX i am still remaining cautious. But i think my personal life more contributes to any negativity i have so i will continue to remain relatively quiet on the whole matter and patiently wait to see what happens.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Himuro
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Mon May 01, 2017 12:07 pm

This thread should be fun... :roll:
*Remembers the whole PSX hype around here and the subsequent drama*

Still, just for the sake of general positivity, I voted for "Shenmue 3 trailer AND 1 & 2 HD remasters". Gotta attract the good vibes!

More honestly, though, who knows what will happen? Let's wait and see.
Just keep your heads cool, everyone. Nothing has been promised for E3.

O Rei do Frango Assado has received a thanks from: iyapol
O Rei do Frango Assado

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 01, 2017 12:20 pm

The only one I feel some level of confidence about is Shenmue III appearing - and that's specifically because of what happened with PSX.

If PSX was something they were certain about when they spoke with the 10K Japan dinner backers - and subsequently got cold feet over - then maybe with an extra 6+ months in the oven the game will meet Yu Suzuki's standards for exhibition.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: The_Intruder
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Mon May 01, 2017 1:18 pm

I was talking about it with Adam earlier today, and that's what we were told. Black and white. Plans had changed obviously, but either way, it shouldn't hinder being excited about any opportunity where Shenmue 3 could potentially be shown in some capacity.

If people want to use PSX as an example of why we shouldn't get excited about anything then what would you propose? Sit under a rain cloud and moan about all aspects of Shenmue? I don't think so, go find another platform to encourage that type of mentality. 15 years waiting on Shenmue 3 and I will embellish every E3 and every event until the game is released because from the announcement in 2015 until the day the game is released, we are in a very privelidged and special time of our life's to revel in every question surrounding what this game could be. One day we will all blast through it and.... then what?

I am going to enjoy everyday of May as I normally do, reading tidbits that become more frequent as the event draws closer. As a gamer, it's the best time of the year, and with Shenmue in the mix, it only makes it better. We are going to put thought and planning into Twitch broadcast special episodes, and fully embrace E3 2017. If anyone doesn't want to be part of that and wants to cast doom and gloom over the part of the year which celebrates videogames as a whole, then politely go find other outlets that suit your outlook. Any Shenmue fan with his/her salt knows the trials and disappointment experienced every year since 2003 and regardless of an appearance or no show at a huge event like PSX or E3, unless Shenmue 3 is suddenly cancelled, these are always the best moments of the year.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Spaghetti, The_Intruder
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Jibby » Mon May 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Not letting yourself get excited is silly. E3's all about excitement and hope; not just with Shenmue but with everything. You don't know what you will and wont see and that's what's exciting about it.

As long as you're in the right mindset and can accept (and deal with) the fact that it might not be there, then by all means get excited, get hyped, hope, wish, and anticipate! It's not E3 if you don't let yourself do that, and it's not worth depriving yourself of that experience because the game might not show.

Jibby has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Mon May 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Absolutely. PSX was proof that the team itself can change their minds at the drop of a hat, so it's best to be prepared for that, and in life in general at all times.

But, the difference is this. If Shenmue 3 didn't exist then absolutely yes, topics like this and hype in general would be unwarranted. It wouldn't be right to drum up excitement since that really is encouraging false hope, based upon nothing but hopes and dreams. But that's not the case. We have Shenmue 3. It's coming! Not only can we look forward with excitement to any future E3, but from 2015, it can also be used to look back nostalgically and remember that infamous night 2 years ago. It will always be the birthdate of Shenmue 3, and every year for a very long time, E3 will be synonymous with Shenmue for a lot of people.

So let's enjoy it! (and could someone kick this thread off right and throw in a few Shenmue gifs.)

Peter has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 01, 2017 2:08 pm

It's definitely okay to get excited about this E3 without any "concrete" evidence about Shenmue III showing up.

I know that's rich considering what a killjoy I was about E3 2016, but we're in Shenmue III's supposed release year, over six months out from a fairly sudden aborted PSX showing, over six months in full production after a year in prototype, and nearly two years from the Kickstarter launching. The time just feels right for a lot of reasons.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:33 pm

I voted for shenmue 3 tráiler but no hd remakes, I don't trust sega anymore. For me it really would be a surprised if sega take advantage of this situation.

On the other hand, I think it's time for Ys to show a really impressive trailer of shenmue 3, that should shut some mouths up that are moaning about how slow the project is going (they don't seem to know ys are very secretive about development).

And what about Gio (Gio?) said about Show the material First to the baker's and then to the public in general? Showing Shenmue III at E3 before to us wouldn't contradict his words?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Peter » Mon May 01, 2017 2:40 pm

He already did that with his interview with Danny ODwyer where he said it will be the job of Sonys partner alliance team to get the demos and the trailers out.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spaghetti » Mon May 01, 2017 2:58 pm

Gio's comments from PSX are interesting, but I don't think it'll pan out like that now. It's smarter just to make the biggest splash possible - which is E3.

Backers might get a little extra info if an update launches with it, but that's the extent of it. I used to think we'd get a separate backer trailer that caters more to fans, and a general trailer for the games press; but at this point YSnet might as go all in with a single trailer that says "this is Shenmue, you either like it or you don't".
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Mon May 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Pure joy reading through this thread from 2015: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 34&page=45

:)

Amir has received 4 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Mr357, Spaghetti, Switch
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Next

Return to Shenmue III