Raising more money for Shenmue III

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Raising more money for Shenmue III

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:35 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote: Holy crap, I've got great news. I contacted a company sometime ago and asked them for a donation and they now contacted me back saying they are closely looking into the request. Then I had a live chat with one of the guys, and it went really well. Oh damn, if it happens then WOW! It's gonna be crazy!

Great news! So you managed to talk yourself to Microsoft after all. When are you finally gonna meet Bill Gates himself? Keep us posted on the $50 mil donation!

It's not Microsoft. Don't worry, I'll keep you all posted! It'll be a glorious day if/when it happens.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Englishhedgehog wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote:Doubt anyone with Bill Gates' kind of money is going to dump $50 million into a game that's of no interest or benefit to them.

Time will tell. :mrgreen:

And the award for cringiest Twitter account goes to

Shenmue500K actually retweeted his/her tweet!

Most likely one of the numerous fake accounts that somebody set up in 500K's name, unless it's the official @shen500k one.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Englishhedgehog wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote:Doubt anyone with Bill Gates' kind of money is going to dump $50 million into a game that's of no interest or benefit to them.

Shenmue500K actually retweeted his/her tweet! And the tweet also got 3 likes so at least it's gaining traction. Now we just need to wait and see. I mean, he/she gets someone to donate $50M and I get someone to donate $50M (which is a very real possibility now) and it means they'll have over $100M! I don't know whether they would actually need all that though.

What they are doing is pretty pathetic. Just asking anyone to donate to a random project. And three likes isn't really traction.

Sorry to be a downer. But it's not going to happen. If it does I'll eat a paper plate.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Why would bill gates donate? What would he even get out of it?
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby sand4fish » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:58 pm

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote: Why would bill gates donate? What would he even get out of it?

Well, instead of ending world hunger or building schools for the poorest he will get the official title of Shenmue Legend. And when he does, all Shenmue fanboys around the globe can't help but endorse the new XBone X (even though there will be no Shenmue 3 on it).That alone should be worth more than $50M, right? Gates is all business man. He's got no time for world problems.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: Reprise, Truck_1_0_1_
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jibby » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Shenmue_Legend and his Twitter account are pure comic relief :rotflmao:

Thanks for the laughs, haha
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Englishhedgehog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:20 pm

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the mindset of a Twitter account run by a moron spamming people with requests for 50 million dollar donations to something they couldn't care less about.

Englishhedgehog has received 2 thanks from: BlueCreeperBoy12, SickOctopus
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:40 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Englishhedgehog wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

Shenmue500K actually retweeted his/her tweet! And the tweet also got 3 likes so at least it's gaining traction. Now we just need to wait and see. I mean, he/she gets someone to donate $50M and I get someone to donate $50M (which is a very real possibility now) and it means they'll have over $100M! I don't know whether they would actually need all that though.

What they are doing is pretty pathetic. Just asking anyone to donate to a random project. And three likes isn't really traction.

Sorry to be a downer. But it's not going to happen. If it does I'll eat a paper plate.

But it isn't a random project. This is Shenmue III, a very special project. As for you Jibby, you're confused. And at least it's better than not trying. On the off chance that it actually happens, then it will make a huge difference and both the gamers and the developers will benefit!

Shenmue_Legend has received a thanks from: iyapol
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:29 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Englishhedgehog wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

But it isn't a random project. This is Shenmue III, a very special project. As for you Jibby, you're confused. And at least it's better than not trying. On the off chance that it actually happens, then it will make a huge difference and both the gamers and the developers will benefit!

It's a random project TO THEM. They will get fuck all from donating 50mil. No one in their right mind would do it. You have to be a troll.

BlueCreeperBoy12 has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:45 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Englishhedgehog wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

It's a random project TO THEM. They will get fuck all from donating 50mil. No one in their right mind would do it. You have to be a troll.

Ok, let me explain. They do donate to charity, correct? And what do they gain from donating to charity? Nothing, they do it so that they can help out the people in need and not for their own benefit. This is the same thing.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:49 am

welp

Jibby has received a thanks from: iyapol
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sutoji » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:56 pm

sand4fish wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote: Why would bill gates donate? What would he even get out of it?

Well, instead of ending world hunger or building schools for the poorest he will get the official title of Shenmue Legend. And when he does, all Shenmue fanboys around the globe can't help but endorse the new XBone X (even though there will be no Shenmue 3 on it).That alone should be worth more than $50M, right? Gates is all business man. He's got no time for world problems.

LMAO TOO FUNNY
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:Ok, let me explain. They do donate to charity, correct? And what do they gain from donating to charity? Nothing, they do it so that they can help out the people in need and not for their own benefit. This is the same thing.

Now I know you're definitely a troll.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby WildManofBorneo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:01 pm

As of March 30.

Total Amount Pledged
$6,868,709
Total Backers
75,696 backers
WildManofBorneo

Postby Jibby » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Going to lock this topic as it's pretty much redundant at this point.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Shenmue III