What you up to nowadays?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

What you up to nowadays?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Off the back of what Riku posted in Random Thoughts I realised that a shitloada time's passed since we all knew what's goin on with each other, and for a lot of you I don't have a fucking clue. I'm close enough in touch with Kenny n (to some extent) SC, but the rest is a mystery.

So for the sake of conversation n all that shite...

My fiance and I parted ways in a manner you wouldn't call amicable a few years back. I may have posted on here about that but I ain't sure. I often miss my cats (she kept em), and I've recently put to bed the debt she left me with (though now I'm havin to sort through my own) Moved into my brother's flat. Became his PA of sorts as he's fucked off to join the army, but his ex n two kids are gonna be homeless by the end of the month so I have to move out and back in with my mam (happy days...)

On a more positive note though I went to uni, studying game design atm, and I'm as awesome as ever. Not really starved of birds but eventually wouldn't mind one that I actually like, coz I do kinda miss the dynamic of havin a partner at times. More often than not I waste my time off goin to the match and ending the night in a drunken haze. Got a season ticket so won't be giving that up but I'm considering cutting down on the beer so my assignments don't suffer as they did last year.

In the last few years I've learned to stop planning for the future and just "live for today" (which essentially means gettin rinsed at every available opportunity), and I've been disgruntled for the last month about missing out on both Liam and Noel Gallagher tickets. I mean seriously, I had presale access every time and they sold out within thirty seconds every time. Touts are fuckin cretinous cunts.

Oh, and I'm finally gettin the mole on top of my head removed and Marmite is fucking delicious.

Kind Regards,
Nick Tyndall

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: myshtuff, sand4fish, Sonikku
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: What you up to nowadays?

Postby south carmain » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:48 am

I marathoned Malcolm in the middle last week.

south carmain has received a thanks from: myshtuff
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Finally finished HIMYM around the same time. Never felt so heartbroken in my life.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:48 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Finally finished HIMYM around the same time. Never felt so heartbroken in my life.

My wife and I hated how HIMYM ended. The saving grace was Barney’s final storyline. As the father of a little girl it made me tear up when he was in the hospital. Ted’s ending suuuuucked.

elfshadowreaper has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:01 pm

His character development over the final three seasons got completely shat on in the space of an hour though. And what they did to "the Mother"...cold. Just fuckin needlessly brutal.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:14 pm

I finally took the courage to start doing martial arts again (Jiujitsu). I did a lot of Karate and Kickboxing before entering college, but after so many years in the workforce I felt a bit uncoordinated and too old to go for it again. What really got me to do it is the fact that I started to show symptoms of depression over the years and I don't often exercise as much as I used to.
Sure, I hit the gym here and then but it was not enough to instill a sense of discipline and motivation in me.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:13 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: His character development over the final three seasons got completely shat on in the space of an hour though. And what they did to "the Mother"...cold. Just fuckin needlessly brutal.

I was really just talking about...
the bit with his daughter. To see him go from a total womanizer to his daughter being to focal point of his life was such an interesting spin. How he started the episode trying to pick up a girl with the like “You are the love of my life. Everything I have and everything I am is yours. Forever.” and then to hear him say that to his newborn daughter. That won the entirety of HIMYM. It made Ted’s story, which was the premise of the whole series, look like the B storyline. Barney’s romance with Robin was stupid and forced. But Barney’s entire personality arc from unapologetic womanizer to committed father was worth watching several mediocre seasons.

But I agree about the mother. People didn’t watch 9 seasons of a show waiting to see the mother die. Yeah that’s how real life works but that’s why we watch fictional TV shows. There was a point in the last season where it pretty much spelled out that she would die, so it was semi-expected but I’d hoped it wouldn’t go that route in the end.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Never was confident in my smile, so I've just finished 18 months of orthodontics treatment. This should help me find a new job.

Didn't get the job at Icon Films, Kenny.

Yes, I'm still single world, stop bugging me!!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Been too lazy to cook dinner two nights in a row now. Should probably do something about that.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby shredingskin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:09 am

Going to open my second bar now.

but

phpBB [video]
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:21 pm

I seriously think Mitts is a friend of a friend (of a friend), going by the description of the game design course he did which was in manny Manchester.

I'll just keep my bit brief: my girlfriend has somehow convinced me to do salsa dancing. I'm such a bad dancer and told her this as a warning but she doesn't seem to care, so will probably end up looking like this on the first session: \:D/ (and then crawl into the hole in the floor out of embarrassment).

#-o

On another note I went to Japan for the first time end of last year which was amazing, just been working and working and working since then for various organisations. Aside from that, just been listening to lots of synthwave (AKA the NEW new-wave/synthpop movement nowadays), darkwave (as in edgy edgelord dark synth music, some retards call some of it "witch house" - some of which sounds fantastic, regardless of the wanky and pretentious sounding name) and watching shitloads of crime/mystery TV shows. Life's just swell.

sand4fish wrote: I finally took the courage to start doing martial arts again (Jiujitsu). I did a lot of Karate and Kickboxing before entering college, but after so many years in the workforce I felt a bit uncoordinated and too old to go for it again. What really got me to do it is the fact that I started to show symptoms of depression over the years and I don't often exercise as much as I used to.
Sure, I hit the gym here and then but it was not enough to instill a sense of discipline and motivation in me.

I used to do Jiujitsu for years as well. It's one of the most "fun" martial arts out there, I think. Did Judo for a very long time as well and took part in competitions which were brutal. Shame that for Judo the sensei passed away and for Jiujitsu the sensei moved away. Just go gym nowadays which is a nice time waster but like you say, it isn't the same as doing martial arts. Good on you taking it up again.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby south carmain » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Mitts is a friend of everyone if you catch my drift.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Rakim » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Mitts is a friend of Dorothy.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:44 pm

south carmain wrote: Mitts is a friend of everyone if you catch my drift.

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ys » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:I realised that a shitloada time's passed since we all knew what's goin on with each other, and for a lot of you I don't have a fucking clue. I'm close enough in touch with Kenny n (to some extent) SC, but the rest is a mystery.
So for the sake of conversation n all that shite...

Moved into my brother's flat. Became his PA of sorts as he's fucked off to join the army, but his ex n two kids are gonna be homeless by the end of the month so I have to move out and back in with my mam (happy days...)
On a more positive note though I went to uni, studying game design atm, and I'm as awesome as ever.
In the last few years I've learned to stop planning for the future and just "live for today" (which essentially means gettin rinsed at every available opportunity)

The moving back thing is rough. Something similar happened to me before due to shitty simultaneous events. Over here the number of these cases apparently increased because of societal changes, unemployment, ...

Game design? Interesting. A specific part of game development or multiple things like programming, story, marketing, ...?

Planning for the future is harder now (though I never did a lot of that). When I left a job, a higher up asked what I would do five years later. I said that I had vague ideas but that many can't answer that. And that the very company we were in was sold twice in 5 years for example. Leading to people getting fired so that even (lower) bosses didn't know if they would still work there next week.

As for my situation now. Largely the same but a bit more focus on mixing/mastering for bands and promoting this. I took more university courses. Some at advanced level which kind of sucked since more effort was needed. And I also tried to apply for (mostly) relevant jobs despite the extra focus on the sound production. Ideally I would like to combine both.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Next

Return to Off Topic