Shenmue 3 a different game???

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Lord_Magneto » Fri May 02, 2003 6:29 am

Shenmue 3 does have something to worry about as far as changes, both Shenmue 1 & 2 took place in areas that were highly populated. But shenmue 3 will be taking place in the middle of nowhere. I hope they find a way to keep the game action up to par. I prefer story over action, but I'd still like to see a good mix of it in Shenmue 3.
Lord_Magneto
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Silas » Fri May 02, 2003 8:19 am

Shenmue III isn't going to be like the Guilin sequence in Shenmue II - once the story starts, Ryo will first go into Bailu Village, where there'll be plenty of people around. There'll be a crate shifitng job, patchinko and other gambling I should think. Then there's the idea about going to that city that Shenhua tells Ryo about from the picture in her house.

The only thing I imagine would be different because we're in rural China would be the absence of arcade games.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TEEPO™ » Fri May 02, 2003 9:26 am

I think a portion of the game would take place in Guilin, then Ryu would most probobly goto a more populated area, and even a possibility of going to the Chiyou Men's HQ. I remember in Shenmue2, on disk4, in Shenhua's house, when you look at one of the pictures on the wall, Shenhua tells you name of the place(Can't remember it) And she mensioned that anyone who went there, never returned, could be the Chiyou Men HQ or another organization.

As for the jobs, When talking to Shenhua in Shenmue2, they talk about what Ryo's job was, he tells her he was lifting crates, then Shenhua say's something like ''There is a similer job in my village, a man has some Cows--'' then Ryo inturupts. So the job would probobly involve Cows.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Silas » Fri May 02, 2003 9:56 am

LOL! I thought for a moment you meant that Ryo interrupted Shenhua to say "So the job would involve cows, then."!

I don't equate Guilin entirely with just the mountains and fields, and my impression was that the city mentioned was also in the Guilin region (which looked pretty big on that map Ren transfixed with his knife. Amazing how the map just showed Hong Kong and Bailu, wasn't it?? :) )
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Veteah » Fri May 02, 2003 10:07 am

Concidence can be a funny thing.
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TEEPO™ » Fri May 02, 2003 10:35 am

Since were on the topic about Cows in Shenmue3, do you think Ryo will have to milk Cows to earn money? That raises another idea, maybe most of the jobs could be stuff like farming. He might have to farm to earn his stay at Bailu, like in Shenmue2 where to had to air out the books.
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Postby Silas » Fri May 02, 2003 10:53 am

Yeah, 'cos we know how popular crate carrying and book airing were for Shenmue II. Woohoo, milking a cow! GTA Sales figures, here we come!
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby jcjimher » Fri May 02, 2003 6:02 pm

Lord_Magneto wrote:
Shenmue 3 does have something to worry about as far as changes, both Shenmue 1 & 2 took place in areas that were highly populated. But shenmue 3 will be taking place in the middle of nowhere. I hope they find a way to keep the game action up to par. I prefer story over action, but I'd still like to see a good mix of it in Shenmue 3.

Um, you have a point here., However, I personally hope this fact could have a positive effect in the game. Concretely, I hope Bailu Village can bring back the personal and little town feeling of the first Shenmue's Yokosuka in some way, in the sense of really getting to know the NPCs.

Shenmue II had much better main characters than Shenmue I, but the NPCs were much more "anonymous". I don't know if it was made on purpose because of wanting to portray a bigger city, or else it was simply a side effect (because of the same reasons they cut the exploring detail). If it's the former, Bailu Village could definitely bring the homey feel back, even if later in the game Ryo returns to a big city I will be very pleased.
jcjimher
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Miles Prower » Sat May 03, 2003 9:00 am

I agree completely. And Shenhua said only about 50 people live in the village, so it will probably be a lot easier to get to know all of them, and bring that Shenmue 1 feel back ^_^
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby TEEPO™ » Sat May 03, 2003 10:07 am

I wouldn't mind playing the first part of Shenmue3 in Bailu village, then going to a more populated area. If it all takes place in Guilin, I hope you'll be able to travelle from village to village, that would be the perfect oppurtunity to use the bike.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Previous

Return to Shenmue III