On The Boat

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

On The Boat

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:35 am

Hey shenmue fans, im new to these forums (not technicly because i have been reading them for ages before i signed up today) and i would like to know if anyone knows anything else that happened whilst Ryo was on the boat in chapter 2, as far as i know there is the bit that is from the shenmue ii sidestory and some other small things like Ryo getting his money changed over, but does anyone know anything else that happened on the boat? I read something on a site ages ago about Ryo running into a gang on the boat. any help would be great as i am going to produce an animated video based on chapter 2.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Sunming Zhao » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:50 am

Well, Chai comes back and takes that little girl hostage. So Ryo kicks his arse. That's about all I know.
Sunming Zhao
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:56 am

yer i remember that from the sidestory on shenmue II, if there is nothing else that anyone knows about it then i might have to make up a little bit, i am looking to produce a professional looking animation (With Flash ofcourse).
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sunming Zhao » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:10 am

Ahhh, that's cool.
You should try to get ahold of the comic book that was released for chapter 2.
Sunming Zhao

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:13 am

there was a actual comic book? your not talking about the four page side story that came from shenmue ii are you?. if there is a comic book i will definatley look into buying it, i can understand very little japaneise but there are 6 japaneise teachers at my school that could help me translate it.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sunming Zhao » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:26 am

I dunno, I never saw the sidestory that came with Shenmue 2. Maybe that is what I'm thinking of. I just saw thumbnails on a website one time.
Sunming Zhao

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:36 am

Yer it was probly the sidestory, :( you had me all exited then. if nothing knows anything else about the boat chapter some ideas would help.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hadoken Hazuki » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:47 am

Well, aside from changing his money on the boat and the whole Chai thing with the sidestory comic, that's pretty much all that happened on the boat. The thing with the gang you mentioned was most likely a fanfic as there a few fanfics that involve Ryo on the boat to Hong Kong. However, your a Shenmue Fan, so I'm sure you can put your on little twist on it as well! Good luck with the flash! :)
Hadoken Hazuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:54 am

Hadoken Hazuki wrote:Well, aside from changing his money on the boat and the whole Chai thing with the sidestory comic, that's pretty much all that happened on the boat. The thing with the gang you mentioned was most likely a fanfic as there a few fanfics that involve Ryo on the boat to Hong Kong. However, your a Shenmue Fan, so I'm sure you can put your on little twist on it as well! Good luck with the flash! :)

Thanx, i am looking to start it asap, but because my good computer is not working i have to wait, thanx for the encouragement, i will still hapily take any other ideas into cosideration whilst im waiting for my computer to be fixed
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sunming Zhao » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:09 am

Yeah I meant to wish you luck as well.
I took Flash at Animation College and I much prefer to animate on paper. I could never get into Flash or 3d Studio max.
Sunming Zhao

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:17 am

Sunming Zhao wrote:Yeah I meant to wish you luck as well.
I took Flash at Animation College and I much prefer to animate on paper. I could never get into Flash or 3d Studio max.

Thanx, flash can be a bit hard at first and it requires patience to make a good product. you wouldnt see me using 3d studio max tho, as much as id like to be able to create 3d models, its sumthing i suck at
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby JoeMDesign » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:51 am

JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:11 pm

Thanx joemdesign, i have read the sidestory plenty of times, that is what inspired me to make this flash. soo all that happens is what happens in the sidestory, hmm i guess i wont have to go into more detail about what he did when he arived on the boat and what he did before he got off the boat. my friend said i could actully put a scene of him eating on the boat and then start the whole chai thing, i think its a good idea what do you guys think?
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sunming Zhao » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:25 pm

Yeah, Ryo has to eat some time. He lives off of Cola for weeks on end.
Sunming Zhao

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:33 pm

Sunming Zhao wrote:Yeah, Ryo has to eat some time. He lives off of Cola for weeks on end.

LOL! the first time i ever played shenmue i never drank one soda, evan when i bought one for the chineise guy and when i bought a coffee for the bum. i didnt realise you could buy soda until i started it the second time and i kept buying toys in sakuragaoka, i then walked past the vending macheine and tryed it and thaght, WOW YOU CAN BUY SODA! everscince then i have always been buying coke from the vending machiene at school, hopeing to one day find a winning can.

Yer so i will add the eating part to the animation, and i have been thinking about putting a scene ina a arcade on the boat, i know it isnt really needed but i want the clip to be packed with cool useless things! (just like shenmue)
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue