Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Shenmue Collections

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:15 pm

A shame that the merchandise on Shenmue is so limited that it is even typical for collectors to include every foreign language hintbook that is available to their collections. SEGA could really have made much more dough from merchandise i think. Only the "Shenmue Timex" is rather limited as far as i can see. Excellent collections from everyone, some people really got every snippet from Shenmue that is possible to get hold of.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:29 pm

If I was a huge collecter then like I am now I would have had a few more shenmue related things like my okami/ys collection that keeps building. Shenmue I'm good with what I have let people that are as passionate for shenmue as Yama is for Resident Evil or me and ys/okami get all they want. All like private musems. I respect collecters.
We are a dying breed.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Felix88 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Felix88
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:11 pm

Niiice Fenix. Gotta love the Shenmue 1 LE set with Jukebox. Probably my favorite sku set.
Next thing you should try and get is Whats Shenmue.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Oppy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Wait a minute... Felix88 isnt Fenix is it?
Anyway nice collection man, wish i had a decent shenmue collection.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Felix88 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:17 pm

No, I guess we just have similar names!
I paid 28 dollars for the Shenmue 1 Limited edition in mint condition:)

Yup, i will try to get Whats Shenmue and US Shenmue! (If someone have US shenmue for sale then contact me)
Felix88
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Fenix » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Similar names, yeah :mrgreen:
My collection is at 1st page.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Felix88 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Ay, that was a nice collection:)
You wanna trade your US Shenmue for my Shenmue 1 Pre production (white label)?
Felix88
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Post your Shenmue collection!

Postby R3N » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Peter wrote:
Supa wrote:Can someone tell me what EXACTLY comes with a Shenmue II Dreamcast PAL, Shenmue II Dreamcast NTSC/J, Shenmue II Dreamcast Japanese Limited Edition, Shenmue I PAL, Shenmue I NTSC/J, Shenmue LE NTSC/J, and What's Shenmue??

I believe the list below is the complete release of both Shenmue 1 and 2. I have included a personal rarity grade which i have decided upon what i have seen over the years searching for Shenmue collectibles over the years. The scores are out of 10, with 1 being the easiest to find and 10 being the most hardest thing to find. I apologise if there are any errors. If there is any mistakes, could someone correct me? Hope this helps! :)

PROJECT BERKLEY ~NTSC/J~

Image Image

Release: November 27th 1998
System: Dreamcast
Region: NTSC/J
Rarity: New - 7/10. Used - 4/10.
Description: Project Berkley was the codename for AM2's project which ultimately became Shenmue. The disc was released with Virtua Fighter 3TB in Japan demonstrating what Yu Suzuki had been working on for years prior, and also the capability of Segas new console, the Dreamcast. The footage contains various Shenmue locations, the development of Shenmue characters and numerous rendered shots of the game (at the time)

WHATS SHENMUE? ~NTSC/J~

Image Image

Release: June 1999 (original Shenmue release date) November 1999 (Famitsu Magazine)
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 6/10
Description: What's Shenmue? was a special premier disc in Japan given to those who pre-ordered Shenmue, additionally another edition of the disc was given away in Famitsu, a Japanese gaming magazine. The only difference between the two is that the Famitsu version has an orange cover, as apposed to a blue cover. Due to a delay in releasing Shenmue in Japan, anyone who pre-ordered it was given this on the date it was intended to be released on. The game itself works like a demo of Shenmue, featuring Dobuita, a town in Yokosuka, although not all of it is accessible. You play as Ryo much like you would in the full game. The disc also includes 4 of the movies included on the Passport disc of the original Shenmue that explain aspects of the game

SHENMUE CHAPTER 1 : YOKOSUKA ~NTSC/J~

Release: 29th December 1999
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 1/10.
Description: Standard release of Yu Suzuki's epic Shenmue Chapter 1: Yokosuka.
Includes the game on 3 discs, and the Shenmue Passport disc. (double CD case, 4 x Dreamcast GD-Rom, 38-page booklet, 18-page Passport booklet, spine card)

SHENMUE CHAPTER 1 : YOKOSUKA - LIMITED EDITION ~NTSC/J~

Image Image

Release: 29th December 1999
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 2/10.
Description: Limited First Edition release of Shenmue Chapter 1 : Yokosuka. Includes the same double-CD package as the stand-alone version (above), bundled together with with a bonus 'Shenmue JukeBox' music CD. Both items are held inside a cardboard presentation sleeve.

US SHENMUE ~NTSC/J~

Release: 5th July 2001
Rarity: New - 10/10. Used - 8/10
Description: Full re-release of the first Shenmue, featuring the full english translation and voice dub. Cardboard presentation sleeve holds double CD case (featuring the US box art), 4 x Dreamcast GD-Rom, colour booklet.

SHENMUE II ~NTSC/J~

Release: 6th September 2001
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 7/10
Description: The sequel to Shenmue (1999), Shenmue IIMis a vast, epic and sprawling adventure, that remains one of Sega's most ambitious projects to date. Will Ryo avenge his father? Includes perfect in-game replicas of Hang-On (1985), Space Harrier (1985), Out Run (1986) and After Burner II (1987). Double CD case, 4 x Dreamcast GD-ROM, colour booklet, spine card.

SHENMUE II - LIMITED EDITION ~NTSC/J~

Image Image

Release: 6th September 2001
Rarity: New - 7/10. Used - 6/10
Description: Special 'First Limited Edition' package of Shenmue II. Includes the same game contents as the standard release along with a Virtua Fighter 4 Premium Disk, both held inside a cardboard presentation sleeve.

SHENMUE ~PAL~

Release: 24th November 2000
Region: PAL
Rarity: New - 9/10. Used - 1/10
Description: Yu Suzukis masterpiece, converted into a full English dub complete with English subtitles and in game translations. 4 discs coming in 2 jewel Dreamcast cases. Both are enclosed in a cardboard wallet.

SHENMUE II ~PAL~

Release: 23rd November 2001
Rarity: New - 7/10. Used - 2/10
Description: Follow up to the groundbreaking Shenmue, Shenmue II sees Ryo Hazuki travel across China in the hunt for Lan Di, to avenge his fathers death. The game spanned across 4 GD-ROM discs, coming in 2 jewel Dreamcast cases. Both are enclosed in a cardboard wallet.

Shenmue IIx ~PAL~

Image Image

Release: 21st March 2003
System: Xbox
Rarity: New - 9/10. Used - 2/10
Description: Follow up to the groundbreaking Shenmue, Shenmue II sees Ryo Hazuki travel across China in the hunt for Lan Di, to avenge his fathers death. Crammed all on one disc, Shenmue IIx seen the game accompanied with a Shenmue:The Movie DVD.

SHENMUE ~NTSC/US~

Release: 6th November 2000
Region: NTSC/US
Rarity: New - 7/10. Used - 2/10
Description: Yu Suzukis masterpiece, converted into a full English dub complete with English subtitles and in game translations. 4 discs coming in a double jewel Dreamcast case.

SHENMUE - LIMITED EDITION ~NTSC/US~

Image Image

Release: 6th November 2000
Rarity: New - 9/10. Used - 5/10
Description: Same release of Shenmue standard edition, but comes with the Shenmue Jukebox soundtrack.

SHENMUE IIx ~NTSC/US~

Image Image

Release: 28th October 2002
System: Xbox
Rarity: New - 8/10. Used - 3/10
Description: Follow up to the groundbreaking Shenmue, Shenmue II sees Ryo Hazuki travel across China in the hunt for Lan Di, to avenge his fathers death. Crammed all on one disc, Shenmue IIx seen the game accompanied with a Shenmue:The Movie DVD.

I think you should modify the main post of this thread :|
because this post is too Good to be lost in the second page.
You could add this post to the first main post and ask other to use that raking system.

It would be awesome to have all the shenmue items in a single Master list in the main post of this thread using your ranking system.You could ask everyone that has an item that you don't have in this list to tell you the ranking of their
items. It would greatly help shenmue collectors.Especially to know how rare is an item and that would help them know how much an item is worth. Also Even better if you could add an average price of how much the item should worth or how much they pay for each item.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Felix88 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Good post:)
But what with the White Label version? Are they to be considered versions of the game, or is it just the final version:)?
If you want to judge how rare it is, then i can take a ilustration picture:)
Felix88
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:55 pm

The white label versions are identical to the "normal" versions, they just have different labeled discs and lack box artwork and manual. They were originally press pre-release versions for magazines. These days they are kinda collectors pieces.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Felix88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Yeah I know, I just thought that since its a small piece of Shenmue then maybe it could be judge in the "New/used" cathegory:)

Does anyone know if they where sealed before going to the testers?
Felix88
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:37 pm

I may put them in there since they can be a part of a Shenmue collection. I dont rate them at all since they were just for the media, hence why i dont have them in my collection. The price of them is scandalous imo. How can a pre-production of Shenmue be more rare than a sealed original Shenmue. To this day over the course of the past year in Europe, i have only seen one sealed Shenmue and i own it.

I will tinker around and maybe move the Shenmue games rank to the first page. R3N does have a point.

Also i still dont know wether to post my collection yet. I have been holding off until i get all my games graded by the VGA but so far i have only got Shenmue II NSTC/J graded (gold 90+ M/NM) and to be honest, i think it will be another year before i have a "complete" collection. I dunno, i may just post it tonight? :-k
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Felix88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Peter wrote:I may put them in there since they can be a part of a Shenmue collection. I dont rate them at all since they were just for the media, hence why i dont have them in my collection. The price of them is scandalous imo. How can a pre-production of Shenmue be more rare than a sealed original Shenmue. To this day over the course of the past year in Europe, i have only seen one sealed Shenmue and i own it.

I will tinker around and maybe move the Shenmue games rank to the first page. R3N does have a point.

Also i still dont know wether to post my collection yet. I have been holding off until i get all my games graded by the VGA but so far i have only got Shenmue II NSTC/J graded (gold 90+ M/NM) and to be honest, i think it will be another year before i have a "complete" collection. I dunno, i may just post it tonight? :-k

The price is very high, but i dont think that to many gets any bids on Ebay, I have seen them for over a 100 dollars!
Its madness!

For the love of God, post it:) It keeps the comunity going:D
Felix88
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 pm

I know, but i didnt want to post it until it was the full, ultimate Shenmue collection. Hmmmm ah well i guess that day is never going to come anytime soon, so i guess i will post it. Give me a while to take the photos and resize the images. ;-)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue