Hazuki Residence Pond

(Modding and other series related projects)

Hazuki Residence Pond

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:28 am

First render of the pond.

Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:33 am

Why dont you post all these screen shots in a single thread?

3D Ripper DX Version 1.7 has been released :D
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:19 pm

ReeceKun wrote:Why dont you post all these screen shots in a single thread?

I don't think it's particularly necessary since he has his own sub-forum. In one long thread some of the newest works like the pond render could also be lost in conversation.

Image doesn't work for me, either on that note.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:

I don't think it's particularly necessary since he has his own sub-forum. In one long thread some of the newest works like the pond render could also be lost in conversation.

Well yeah that and if its all in one thread it would load very long as the images are quite large.

Are you at work? The pic is hosted on tinypic, our proxy at work also blocks tinypic. However, here at home i can view it fine.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dotsona » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Nice work, I love the water. Also has anyone tried the new version of 3d ripper? Is there any difference in mesh quality?

Edit: I tested the new version, seems to rip better, but the same problems still persist in Shenmue I
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:

Well yeah that and if its all in one thread it would load very long as the images are quite large.

Are you at work? The pic is hosted on tinypic, our proxy at work also blocks tinypic. However, here at home i can view it fine.

I'm at home. Firefox nor IE wouldn't load the image.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ReeceKun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Master Kyodai what NullDC settings do you use to rip? Do you spend ages fixing the scenes or are you getting decent rips to start with?

Ive been planning for a long time to recreate Dobuita in 3DsMax, and make some animations.
I took a break from all my ripping experiments Hoping that NullDC Version 104 would be released but theres been no activity for over a year, 103 renders so much nicer but it doesnt support the stereoscopy plugin.
I emailed DrkRaziel (author of NullDC) to ask him if it would be possible to make a Steroscopy plugin for V103 (and if not could it be implimented for V104) he said;

"I will try to add it back, but the current source is very different than the 1.0.3 so it'l probably be for 1.0.4.
Stereoscopy has big problems with the way dreamcast handles depth -- thats why it doesn't work.
I'l look at it more when i get home.. maybe :p"

So fingers crossed that future rips will be more complete.

Finally I just wanted to comment on 'dotsona's ripping methods as for the POV /Hight options in his Tutorial he leaves them the way they are and then manually skews them into a correct shape, I tend to rip my resident evil 4 game as it rips flawlessly and it gives reccomended values that I then use when ripping Shenmue.

Anyway for now Im going to rip Ryo's House garden/dojo in multiple segments and join them all together (and probabally retexture everything manually as long as I have the geom)

Finally Finally most people have probabally already seen this but I found this video of a guy who went to the real Dobuita last year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfmDm_MKGv0[/b]
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Master Kyodai wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:

I'm at home. Firefox nor IE wouldn't load the image.

Hmmm if you were from China I'd say it's your ISP, they block a lot, but normally tinypic should not be much of a problem from home.

Try to see what happens when you manually fire the url in your browser.

http://i45.tinypic.com/6olzl5.jpg

Maybe that gives a better error description...

@Reecekun:

Dotsona made some wonderfull tutorials, the first one also shows the NullDC settings.

http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40139

I have also made a small video on youtube, you can see my NullDC settings there, too but it doesn't go in depth as Dotsonas tutotial collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_8Yo2HYKU

I'd say i get descent rips from the start. But from Shenmue 1 as already often mentioned we suffer from backface culling (Back of characters and buildings cut off), so just one single shot will give you what you see but with many polygons missing.

However, the backface issue is only real serious on characters - on buildings you can "Live with it" if you only show the building from the captured side. Best is to catch them from a diagonal angle, that usually gives halfway reasonable models. In Aida flower shop only 2 walls on top were missing as i was taking it from front, not diagonally. In the Yamanose shrine scene the floor from the shrine podest is missing.

About the POV options - i also leave them as they are and were as i dont have a clue what to type there. In Max i tend to just make stuff worse when i fumble around. I import them as they are into vue, correct textures to jpg/png and skew them like i think they look right. This may ruin the shape a bit as i never get it "perfectly", but well enough so noone really notices.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:07 pm

It's up. That was strange..

Looks good, are these all made from in-game assets?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Yeah completely from in-game models and textures. Only material i edited here was the pond water as the original seemed quite crappy. I also added a light into the lantern. But the rest is original as seen in the game.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Community Projects