IF Shenmue III isnt announced by the end of e3 2K4...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby b_ren » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:00 am

Kiyuu wrote:
Master_Congo wrote:Kiyuu said not to expect anything at E3 but at the next Tokyo Game Show. Remember Kiyuu has a bit of a connection with the Shenmue Production.

No, no!! I have no connection with the production. I'm just another fan of Shenmue.
And I didn't say we can expect something at Tokyo Game Show, either. Personally,
I'm expecting it'll be annouced at some minor event, such as Game Jam like this:

http://www.sega-rd2.com/weeklyam2/2001_ ... 67_01.html

LanDC just met you on BBS, That right?
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Garbaman » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:03 am

I think that the more time elapses, the less likely we are to get Shenmue 3. Franckly, Shenmue 3 shouldn't be kept secret. The Shenmue series needs to appeal more to the casual audience for it to be a huge success. E3 2004 is the best event to unveil Shenmue 3 and then continue to show more of it at later events throughout the year.

Due to the worldwide sales of both Shenmue games, it's reasonable to assume that Shenmue 3 might be the longest game yet because so much content will be included to tell the story as quickly as possible. Then again, it could be shortened with a half-assed ending because of negative forecasts regarding the game's sales/ continuation of the story.

I truly hope we will hear something soon. Most people don't seem to realize that nothing official has been said so far. Noone at Sega has opened his/her mouth to say that "Shenmue 3 is confirmed". So basically, we're expecting them to show the game at e3 after no relevant details have been mentioned. If you simmer on that for a few seconds, it's actually unrealistic to expect them to do so.

I've lost a lot of faith in Yu-Suzuki and the amount of influence he has in the matter. Digitalrex isn't his pet studio, he's just its leader. The only thing that keeps me interested right now is my love for the series as well as the description of what Digitalrex was assembled for: to develop ambitious cinematic games. Shenmue 3 better be one of them.
Garbaman
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Kiyuu » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:31 am

Darth B_Ren wrote:
LanDC just met you on BBS, That right?

Yes. He often comes to Shenmue BBS.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ramirez » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:04 pm

the more time it takes might be better news. So long as Sega exists and Suzuki lives we will see shenmue III. In the meantime get excited about something you know will appear soon, like Fable. Besides with xbox next on the way shenmue 3 will be a stormer of a launch title. They will develop it but for now we must wait. knowing that even if it doesn't appear for years (a la prince of persia) it'll arrive. and when it does we will be in bliss. I think we should all be happy we got a sequel to s1 anyway. just imagine the boat sailing off and never knowing what happend next. Thhat was a much worse cliffhanger.
ramirez
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:27 pm

well yeah,..]g?,xfmg;sf
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby rome » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:02 am

if we have to wait till 2005 it better be a good ass game and better be worth it...im talkin beaten the crap out of landei and crazy qte going on.and it better be long/longer than the first 2....because i zip through 1 and 2 like.....somthing that goes fast lol
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Ren78 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:43 am

I think the reson we dont know is cause AM2 dosent know if they are gonna make it or not, what system to make it for (if they're ever going to do it) and would it even be worth it to make.
The sad truth is that great games like shenmue just dont sell as much as shitty EA mass marked titles such as MOH. at the end of the day AM2 like any other games producer needs to make money to stay in busines so the question for AM2 is it worth the investment.
The gaming industry is turning more end more into the movie industry, they make what they think people want to see and the true fans get screwed for the $ of joe public.
Ren78
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby sex machiene » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:21 pm

Master_Congo wrote:Kiyuu said not to expect anything at E3 but at the next Tokyo Game Show. Remember Kiyuu has a bit of a connection with the Shenmue Production.

really? i remember him saying that he is just a fan and he doesn't have a connection. well that'll be cool if he did. im not expecting news at e3 or tokyo game show. im expecting an announcement in one of the updates on the shenmue site.
sex machiene
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:49 pm

sex machiene wrote:

really? i remember him saying that he is just a fan and he doesn't have a connection. well that'll be cool if he did. im not expecting news at e3 or tokyo game show. im expecting an announcement in one of the updates on the shenmue site.

I've already denied his comment on Feb 13. You've quoted the older post. Look!:

Kiyuu wrote:

No, no!! I have no connection with the production. I'm just another fan of Shenmue.
And I didn't say we can expect something at Tokyo Game Show, either. Personally,
I'm expecting it'll be annouced at some minor event, such as Game Jam like this:

http://www.sega-rd2.com/weeklyam2/2001_ ... 67_01.html

And, please remember I'm not a guy!! ;)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby b_ren » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:03 pm

:lol: Kiyuu is female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:27 pm

Darth B_Ren wrote::lol: Kiyuu is female!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, no!! You didn't know, either.... :?
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby CharmedGamer » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:19 pm

Even if they are in early production, we should still get a firm answer.Yes or No.He at least owes fans of Shenmue that much.
CharmedGamer
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmue Master » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:01 am

maybe we should wait it out a little longer, if nothing comes up by the end of the year, then we should worry, oh and the reason why i think shenmue I took so long to make was because they had to think of the backround, what the story was about, but with Shenmue II, they had a story, they had characters (so far) getting started is always the hardest part.
Shenmue Master
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby CharmedGamer » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:25 am

I'm sure Yu said once that the entire Shenmue story was completed when the first one was released on DC. Makes sense since the original was on the Saturn.
CharmedGamer
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Previous

Return to Shenmue III