What do you want in Shenmue III?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

What do you want in Shenmue III?

Postby white lotus » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:01 pm

Alirght, im hear to cut all the fat (and to set it and forget it :lol: ), instead of posting all this "OMG I NEED TO EAT IN THE SHENMOO GMAE!!!", lets have ONE thread about what you personally want in Shenmue III. Sure, nothing will probabaly change, but with the power of the next-gen consoles, and the disc sizes, they can put one hell of a game together.

I guess I'll start.

lets see the more emotion. I mean Ryo is like the child of a zombie and a robot relationship. My farts have more anger in them. With the new technology, facial emotions and body language will more better. People will laugh, cry, actually be mean, show more anger if you keep on asking about those damn sailors. Hell they may even push you.

heres an example:

Ryo and Ren come to a gang member. you have a choice: ask him nice, ask him demanding, or beat the crap out of him. If you ask him nicely, he may or may not treat you nicely. If you ask demanding, he will try to attack you, and if you beat the crap out of him, you can force it out of him with a piledriver, on the brink of his jaw getting smashed.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby jasonorme666 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:10 am

I like ryos emotions, he acts as if seeing his fathers death has emotionally scared him for life.

I would like to see more purchasable items, more toy capsule machines.
The Shenmue toy capsule collection, collect your favourite characters such as Ren, Nozomi and Charlie
jasonorme666
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sunming Zhao » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:12 am

Some physics on Ryo's jacket. I noticed one day when I watched the Shenmue I opening scene. When he crawls toward his Dad I noticed his jacket is just like, attached to him. It doesn't move independantly.

I'd also like the ability to sit down at a cafe and have dinner. On the first game I always want to go to the ramen house and have some food. Or go to a bar and get a drink. Or maybe sing karaoke!
Sunming Zhao

Postby jasonorme666 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:33 am

His jacket might aswell be attached, aswell as his facial plaster.
jasonorme666

Postby Veteah » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:38 am

Since it will be on the next-gen consoles, things like wind would be good, as well as all the things reacting with it hair being blown, litter etc.
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:45 am

A online multiplayer mode, where we can chose one of the many characters and fight other players one on one, or maybe team battles, Shenmue + Online multiplayer = Me extremly Happy :D (and im not talking about the crappy rpg based multiplayer for shenmue online"
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:51 am

I really would like a stamina bar system, where Ryo has to eat. Plus, you could stay up past Ine-San's curfew, but it would seriously drain your stamina bar. You sleep and eat to replenish your stamina bar. Think MGS3.

I know some people would think this sounds a little SA-ish, but I think it would work great as a gameplay element! It would make it truly F.R.E.E.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby JoeMDesign » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:19 am

Random costumes for characters.

Even if it's just a colour change here or there, Ryo and the main characters should have slight variations on their day-to-day wear. The ability to buy and wear new items of clothing or to buy presents for other characters (been playing DOA Volleyball too much)... A nice scarf for Nozomi. :)

Imagine seeing this cool black leather jacket sitting in a shop window.

Ryo: "It will be mine... Oh yes. It will be mine."
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:25 am

joemdesign wrote:Random costumes for characters.

Even if it's just a colour change here or there, Ryo and the main characters should have slight variations on their day-to-day wear. The ability to buy and wear new items of clothing or to buy presents for other characters (been playing DOA Volleyball too much)... A nice scarf for Nozomi. :)

Imagine seeing this cool black leather jacket sitting in a shop window.

Ryo: "It will be mine... Oh yes. It will be mine."

I Agree! I hate the clothes Ryo wears, after seeing Ryo in the same leather jacket and the same pair of jeans for the whole of shenmue one and two. Im imagining now.... Ryo in a football jearsy and (baggy) jeans, or evan better a black suit :D
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spoonfan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:33 am

Infidels! The jacket/jeans combo must stay!
Spoonfan
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:33 am

no no no..they cant change Ryos look :?
Add better wheather effects, allow the option to eat but dont make it a must.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby hq » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:35 am

I'd love to see a music update, get a real orchester into a studio and record the whole thing for the game instead of using samples, I think it would give the game even more of an emotional life of its own - some tracks in the first two games felt just too flat and emotionless although the melody was great
hq
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Oppy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:42 am

No way! the music style is perfect, i think it is full of emotion, it gives you the felling fo what its like to be in Ryos situation, i think every track from shenmue 1 and 2 has been perfect, apart from most of the jukebox tracks that had nothing to do with the game emotion itself. Shenmue iii would be great if it was based on real time, eg. you turn on your xbox 360 :D at 3.00pm and the ingame time is 3.00pm. that would give a more realistic sence to the game.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby GamesMaster » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:03 am

Lets have some really cool guns, forget Tomato Stores we want Tommy Gun Stores, the game will appeal to the masses, kung-fu + guns = coolness personified, imagine being able to shoot Ine-San for whinging too much or you could cure Yamagishi San's back problem....with a .44 magnum :D I'm only joking of course ;)

I'd hope for an improved control system both general and fighting, I mean if I'm honest I do think controlling Ryo could be a little less cumbersome, it'd make the game play even smoother. It just makes you wonder what kind of plans AM2 have, perhaps they could re-add all the things they had to cut from the DC version e.g. riding bikes and I'm not talking about the "ladies" in the red light district of Dobuita :lol:
Last edited by GamesMaster on Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
GamesMaster

Postby NeoShredder » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:06 am

I still also think Ryo needs headphones for his Stereo, then he can go round walking with your custom soundtrack from the XBOX hardrive (Playing your custom soundtrack could be disguised as "Yokohama Radio", playable through your walkman)
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Next

Return to Shenmue III