Creator Says Sony Won't See a Cent of Kickstarter - Gamespot

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Creator Says Sony Won't See a Cent of Kickstarter - Game

Postby Erevador » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:07 am

Yokosuka wrote: Upvoted.

Fabulous! Keep the upvotes coming people, we have now got this article on to main page of the popular section! Let's take it all the way to the top!
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Mystere » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:41 am

Reprise wrote:Well, the only difference and concerns people might have is, what if this all falls flat on its face and we don't get Shenmue 3 after all? Funding a Kickstarter is always a risk. At least with a pre-order you don't actually pay for the game until it is dispatched (or in your hands if you do it through physical store). And if you pay a deposit, you have entered into a contract where you are obligated to receive that game or get the deposit back.

I imagine honour is important to a man like Yu Suzuki, being Japanese and the creator of a stubborn character like Ryo. Let's not forget, this project is personal to him and he's faced 14 years of humiliation at the hands of Sega. When a man like Suzuki pledges to make Shenmue 3 "true to Shenmue" no matter what the KS funds, in a heartfelt message like yesterday, you better believe it.

Yu is a determined mother****er and he will make Shenmue III.

Mystere has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:49 am

Mystere wrote:
Reprise wrote:Well, the only difference and concerns people might have is, what if this all falls flat on its face and we don't get Shenmue 3 after all? Funding a Kickstarter is always a risk. At least with a pre-order you don't actually pay for the game until it is dispatched (or in your hands if you do it through physical store). And if you pay a deposit, you have entered into a contract where you are obligated to receive that game or get the deposit back.

I imagine honour is important to a man like Yu Suzuki, being Japanese and the creator of a stubborn character like Ryo. Let's not forget, this project is personal to him and he's faced 14 years of humiliation at the hands of Sega. When a man like Suzuki pledges to make Shenmue 3 "true to Shenmue" no matter what the KS funds, in a heartfelt message like yesterday, you better believe it.

Yu is a determined mother****er and he will make Shenmue III.

I agree. I think most of us here feel like that. We are fans who have been waiting for this for a long time. For most of us here, we didn't even think for a second before pledging every penny we could towards the game. What I was talking about is the perspective of everyone else.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Erevador » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Gamespot has tweeted this out again, this time with the controversy busting headline in the tweet itself. Don't forget to re-tweet and spread the word!

https://twitter.com/gamespot/status/614170806504058881
Erevador
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue III