TAKA-san of digitalrex speaks about next year...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Well....

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:34 pm

Nothing is certain at this moment. Isn't it possible that MS demands digitalrex to release
the sequal in Japan and the rest of the world at the same time?

If it's not the case, I won't post anything here to avoid spoiling your pleasure. So, don't worry! ;)
You can come and check the Shenmue BBS, if you want to know what it's like.
Last edited by Kiyuu on Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Chi » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:25 am

When is E3?
Chi
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:30 am

isnt it every may?
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby scykon » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:10 pm

I'm failry sure it's coming now.
I know there is nothing solid, but they've been dropping way too may hints. Before this, it was "no" "not yet" "no comment" now its "expect something" "wait with expectations" etc.

I'm thinking what happened is when digital-rex set up, they were given a specific budget to work with by sega, the sort of budget AM2 wouldnt have as theyve been around for a while and theyre budget is probably very bitty and fragmented.
For example, digital-rex is set up and SEGA say something like "You've got $10 million to get you started"
Then, with a fairly small budget, they figure out it'd be better for them to make shenmue III using an engine and story they've already got to earn more money, and make a whole new game from scratch.

Just a thought...

But for me, the website redesign is still the strongest sign. Somebody must've been paid to do that, and seeing as at the moment it has nothing new on it at all, it's blatantly obvious the redesign has a future purpose otherwise it may as well of stayed the same.
scykon
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby - Guizhang Chen - » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:28 pm

Chi wrote:When is E3?

may 12-14 it is i believe.
- Guizhang Chen -
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Only Child » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:06 pm

That 'with expectations' comment shouldn't be taken the way some of you are interpreting it, I don't think. That could just mean, "wait with expectations that we're gonna release a really good racing game" or something, I don't think it relates to Shenmue that closely.
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Quadriflax » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:12 pm

Ice Warm wrote:That 'with expectations' comment shouldn't be taken the way some of you are interpreting it, I don't think. That could just mean, "wait with expectations that we're gonna release a really good racing game" or something, I don't think it relates to Shenmue that closely.

Shh. Stop making sense. This is a place for unchecked hope and shattered dreams.
Quadriflax

Postby KiD » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:51 am

i reckon we will be getting a muecas update within the next week... can't wait to see what they have in store for us this time
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rhayno G. » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:45 pm

This may be off topic, but i didnt want to start a whole thread for it. So, does anyone know when we will get that next level interview that was supposedly conducted in late january? I forogot all about it, but now i really want to see it.
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:42 am

andrew wrote:This may be off topic, but i didnt want to start a whole thread for it. So, does anyone know when we will get that next level interview that was supposedly conducted in late january? I forogot all about it, but now i really want to see it.

I am guessing sometime this or next week, here is the site link.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/index.php
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby ramirez » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:12 pm

This has happened before and will again, But there is no harm in perking hopes up a little. And I agree with skykon website redesign is the strongest sign by far. I mean... shenmue 2x came out 1-2 years ago right? If they didn't want to support it they'd have got rid of it months ago just like the s1 online functions. They don't have the money to throw away. websites are important, I've got a feeling there is more going on than we know... a LOT more and we're just going to have to wait. In the mean time indulging in some unadulterated violence. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
ramirez
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby santino » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:11 pm

it seems the buzz has died down. im waiting patiently for anything solid
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

yo

Postby Ortiz-t » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:42 am

e3 is

11-14 may
Ortiz-t
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby momo » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:04 pm

hmm. i was loosing hope more and more while im still playing shen2x.
but just look at the sizes of the monthly updates on the shenmue site, are they getting bigger? or is that just me? how can a site for a dead game still be getting updates like that?... i am getting hopeful again :)

but just some kind of news would be nice...
momo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby CharmedGamer » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:45 pm

It's also interesting to note they added a Valentine wallpaper.I have to agree with everyone else, if they aren't doing any work on the game I don't think they would keep updating the site.
CharmedGamer
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Previous

Return to Shenmue III