Ryo's Qualities

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Ryo's Qualities

Postby S00da N?M » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:33 am

What qualities do you all think Ryo should have in the third chapter?
S00da N?M
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:56 am

well, I liked Ryo's personality more in Shenmue 2. He was more about kicken ass and taking names. I hope he's like that even more so in 3.

and......maybe he'll finnaly work up some courage to move up on a girl :)
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby S00da N?M » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:02 am

I hope so, maybe he wouldn't be so uptight if he got a little.
S00da N?M
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LanDC » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:55 am

Getting close to Shenhua would be great. Like if he really falls for her. It will be cool to see him acting different like that.. But then, she has to die... Which will be ultimate drama.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby code l name » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:14 am

Well I guess it all depends on the circumstances and situations Ryo will face in the 3rd Chapter. We've only had two games so far but the character mentally and physically has gone through some changes and is very much maturing. Certainly I would hope he uses more common sense (Instead of blindly rushing into situations) and I think we began to see that when he started taking Xuixing's advice and counseling to heart.

Honestly though, I would be disappointed if he opened up too much, or emphases was put on a love interest. Call me cynical, but from what I've seen, videogames have a terrible habit of turning a love affair or story into something out of a hallmark card, filled with labouring melodramatic scenes rivaling a soap opera. I mean, what little they tried in the original with Nozomi and Ryo was down right laughable (Mainly thanks to the atrocious voice-acting and cumbersome dialogue and scripting but I digress).
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby layolas » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:02 am

Ryo should improve on his fighting ability,especially if he really wants to defeat lan-di. ryo should train with some old master in bailu village while he's there because he's going to need all the training he can get.
layolas
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby rome » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:57 pm

yea is attitude will mostly be the same...for the most part....but i think once ryo finally avenges his father he wont be so uptight on prob. go for nozomi.......thats what i think at least.....
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Silas » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:35 pm

LanDC wrote:Getting close to Shenhua would be great. Like if he really falls for her. It will be cool to see him acting different like that.. But then, she has to die... Which will be ultimate drama.
What do you mean she has to die!!? He's Ryo Hazuki, not Captain Kirk! :lol:
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby b_ren » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:48 pm

Silas wrote:
LanDC wrote:Getting close to Shenhua would be great. Like if he really falls for her. It will be cool to see him acting different like that.. But then, she has to die... Which will be ultimate drama.
What do you mean she has to die!!? He's Ryo Hazuki, not Captain Kirk! :lol:
I agree if Shenhua has to die it will make Shenmue great :D
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kidd » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Great??Why great??I would like to see Ryo and Shenhua only friends,and see Ryo and Nozomi toghether (like many of us I think) :)
Kidd
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Atlantean » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:47 pm

That ***** better die! As soons as possible! Well, deep down I like her, but... I want him to be with Nozomi. I think that a rencounter between those two would really change Ryo in everyway.
Atlantean
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Lantean
Currently playing: Steam Wallet Drain Game

Postby Gutcruncher » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:46 am

Ryo needs to drop the gay act and get down with all the chick hanging off of his arms!
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mystere » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:15 am

Ryo's focused on Lan Di. And not in a sexual way.

I still can't believe that anyone who's played ALL the way through both Shenmue's can possibly think Ryo should be out for sex. Most people here seem to be talking in terms of an actual relationship, which I agree Ryo needs. But...

Pujo2Yujo wrote:I hope so, maybe he wouldn't be so uptight if he got a little.

He's out to avenge his father's death. The female characters (bar Joy) are always there for EMOTIONAL tensions, because they like Ryo and he is too focused to notice them. There would be no drama in the story if he was bedding all the girls, and it would detract from any believability of Ryo's determination if he did so. On top of that, I doubt Ryo was any different morally before his father's death. He's supposed to be disciplined, it's how he's been taught. There is too much immaturity and shallowness in mainstream games already, so let's leave it out of Shenmue eh? I see no problem with Ryo softening to Shenhua in Shenmue 3. In Guilin, Ryo was starting to relax, and a meaningful relationship would definetely open his mind a little and give him time to think and someone to actually care about.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby b_ren » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:41 am

Kidd wrote:Great??Why great??I would like to see Ryo and Shenhua only friends,and see Ryo and Nozomi toghether (like many of us I think) :)
What I mean is if Shenhua dies Ryo will now know he has lost a friend and add to the drama with a lot of emotion, then Ryo will get closer to Nozomi because he won't want the same thing to happen to her ;)
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby white lotus » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:05 pm

Xuying said so,ething about turning evil or something.....yeah hes got to be all hardcore and shit....be kinda evil, a lillt bit, and kick some major lan-di ass!
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Next

Return to Shenmue III