Shenmue 3 & AM2

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Do you agree with this opinion? (Total votes: 9)

Of Course!
No votes
Yea, it kinda makes sense ish abit
56%
WHAT THE HELL? COURSE NOT
44%

Shenmue 3 & AM2

Postby Messiah » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:49 pm

What im about to say is quite contraversial to you people, but give it a listen.

what if you made a super fabulous game and everyone loved it. then you spent ages and ages thinking of ways to gain popularity for the next one.
if someone said you could tell the fans that there could be no more of the next one, wouldnt that cause an uproar, many forums with many questions, more talk on the next game, people lookin for pics, rumours ANYTHING! and then one day you say hey people we are so kind and are gonna make another one for you people. then all the fans think yay i dont care when its coming out as long as its comin out.

im not sayin its true, just thats its a possibility that AM2 were already thinking about makin another one of the most popular games.

think about half life 2
Messiah
Dojo Ghost
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:14 pm

I didn´t really get the point, but I think they are also looking onto the sales curves, aren´t they?
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Paul » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:19 pm

I don't understand what your talking about at all, but if the latest news is true, am2 won't be making shenmue 3, it will be yu suzuki's new team responsible for virtua fighter, shenmue, and titles saga thing will be 'blockbuster titles'.
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Daemos » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:12 pm

Paul wrote:I don't understand what your talking about at all, but if the latest news is true, am2 won't be making shenmue 3, it will be yu suzuki's new team responsible for virtua fighter, shenmue, and titles saga thing will be 'blockbuster titles'.

That might've been the best choice. AM2 always seems too "busy". This way, hopefully we'll get the best Shenmue ever.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:26 am

Ah, I read the post again and I get it now! No offence but thats a really stupid idea.
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Silas » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:04 am

Perhaps you are unaware that Shenmue was always planned as a multiple game saga, with 16 chapters probably extending over at least 4 -5 games.

After Shenmue was released, Shenmue II was a given - because they'd actually made them simultaneously. Having released those two games on Dreamcast, they waited for the sales figures, and they weren't so good. That's why there was the doubt about whether Shenmue would continue.

In addition, SEGA have never stated that there would not be a Shenmue III. They have merely not confirmed that they are going to make it. And the fans, or at least most of them, have not been expecting Shenmue games to be produced on a factory line, one a year. We all want the new game to be as good as the first two, and are willing to wait.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ChaiOgawa » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:12 am

I don't exactly get what your trying to say, but as much as some people say how the fans are important to the continuation of this series. We really aren't it is just something to say to keep the fans buzzing tll they figure out what to do. This is all Am2's decision to make it. And it may not even be Am2 anymore who is going to be making it which comes to a new question, if Am2 isnt going to be the developer will this game change at all? I sure hope not.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Lutz » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:48 pm

shenmue III hasn't been announced yet.
Lutz
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Zhao » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:02 pm

These are the possibilities.

1. Either Yu Suzuki's new team will work on a new site only for Shenmue III and develop it at their new studio.

2. AM2 will work with Yu Suzuki for the last time developing the game and just expand the current design of the webpage to maintain Shenmue III.

OR

3. Yu Suzuki's new team will work on Shenmue III but use the newly-redesigned Shenmue.com website.
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III