[PROJECT: SHENMUE] -- A NEW SHENMUE FANGAME

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

[PROJECT: SHENMUE] -- A NEW SHENMUE FANGAME

Postby Daemos » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:41 pm

Yes, you read right. I'm currently on the planning stages of a new Shenmue fangame. But I have a serious problem on my hands: I don't have a storyline. That is why I ask of anyone who may be able to/may want to help me out in writing a story (or make one yourself).

Another thing that troubles me is texturing. Most shenmue fangames end up with the worse possible texturing *cough*Shenmue Zero*cough* :D , so I'd like to request that ANYONE with the ability to extract specific textures from the real Shenmue I and II do so. I'm not going to list them out right now, because I don't even have a story to develop from!

I also need clean music tracks from the game, ie: I need someone who can pass me some .ADX files. (yes, in adx format only :P ).

As to voices... I'd like to avoid voice acting. Perhaps with some (HUGE) editing voices can be taken from the real game.

Anyone with DarkBasic programming skills that can help with map-making, movement, and MW&TC adaptation, if you can contact me, I'd be ever so thankful.

(BTW, if anyone knows HOW I can get my hands on DarkBasic PRO, TELL ME PLEASE! This is IMPORTANT to the making of the game!! :idea: )

The project is codenamed: PROJECT: SHENMUE, because as of yet there is no title. ](*,) I need YOUR help with that too. :roll:

I want to make this the best Shenmue fangame as possible, and that is why I'm asking everyone to contribute:

- Story ideas

- Textures
- Music
- Sound effects
- Voices (original)

- Skills ;)

I'd specially like the help of the following:

- Bysby2k3 - for the 2D graphics (good ones like his shenmue 3 xbox covers)
- LanDC, Miles (the second one), mikec_ct (i think that's how his login is), and all the other modders around - for every little bit from the real Shenmue.

Bottom line (because it IS :biglaugh: ): If you think YOU can help, get in touch with me!
Last edited by Daemos on Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Daemos » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:42 pm

I forgot: I also need GOOD character models.

And I refuse to make use of non-shenmue textures ANYWHERE.
Last edited by Daemos on Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:44 pm

How about a storyline featuring Iwao's travels to China when he is younger? It may have him in Bailu Village, Wan Chai, etc. Yuan Da Zhu and Sunming Zhao could be in it!
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Daemos » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:52 pm

I found a map of Bailu Village, and I got some textures (not very good though)... I could probably do something like that. I'll think about it.
Last edited by Daemos on Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:53 pm

If you want... I could help write the story. I'm a good writer, and I'd enjoy it a lot. I'd create a ton of new characters though.
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Daemos » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:57 pm

That could become a problem... ;) But hey, write something good if you can.
Last edited by Daemos on Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:02 pm

Well it would be kinda boring if I didn't add new characters... Ren wouldn't be born yet... neither would Joy... or Ryo... the main characters would have to be left out :(
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Daemos » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:12 pm

This is the map of Bailu Village i've mentioned:
Attachments
uvs030611-003.JPG
map of bailu village (paper map from S2)
(28.94 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Last edited by Daemos on Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:14 pm

Nice!!!! Is it readable?
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Daemos » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:21 pm

Only if i'd zoom it x4... :biglaugh:

[EDIT: 15/6/2003]

I cracked my head down last night, and finished the launcher (just so I could worry about the game itself instead).
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Daemos » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:59 pm

This is some things I've made last night and today. The first screenshot is from the loader and the second (animated) is from the main screen IN GAME.
Attachments
loader.jpg
The game loader/launcher
(44.99 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
startscreen.gif
The start screen (still a VERY early alpha)
(156.43 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:25 pm

That is awesome! If you need any story help, lemme know...
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby ChaiOgawa » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:45 pm

That is really nice whiteshadow, the only problem is if your going to have that story half of those dont even have character models from shenmue 1 or 2 so if you wanted all character models from the games you wouldnt be able to do it.. Why dont you make something along the line of Ryo returning to china with ren and shenhua then we can go on a story line from there.. but I do like the idea Ultimate K prime came up with. I could help him out with a story line we should all meet on msn or something ill get it tonight..
ChaiOgawa

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:50 pm

ChaiOgawa wrote:That is really nice whiteshadow, the only problem is if your going to have that story half of those dont even have character models from shenmue 1 or 2 so if you wanted all character models from the games you wouldnt be able to do it.. Why dont you make something along the line of Ryo returning to china with ren and shenhua then we can go on a story line from there.. but I do like the idea Ultimate K prime came up with. I could help him out with a story line we should all meet on msn or something ill get it tonight..

Yeah, Chai and I'll right a storyline.... :D
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby ChaiOgawa » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:53 pm

HOW BOUT I WRITE A STORYLINE HAHA we could fight about this if you want :D Im just kidding. Ive always wanted to make a fangame myself this is the perfect oppurtunity to help out on one... I figure with using the idea of going back to yokosuka it would be so much easier cause we already have the layout of dobuita yokosuka, sakuragaoka, and the harbor.
ChaiOgawa

Next

Return to Off Topic