XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: XBox One

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: People try to tell people on the net what they should spend their money on...

I'm not trying to tell you to do anything, bro.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Its not worth it to you.

Others will and do find it worth the price.

And I will stand by the opinion that you are out of your mind.

TwiceFriedRice has received a thanks from: Bluecast
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:55 pm

No just saw more than enough games to have me interested.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:02 am

AnimeGamer183 has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast, silent killer, Yama
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 am

The more I think about it, the more I don't think the price will be an issue after all. I mean, after watching the Sony press thing, I think that price is going to be coming down a lot. Likely every year.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:29 am

Could be an issue but we have also had many reports that they are going to have a subscription model. I think they might be able to get away with the price if they change their DRM system unless Sony did a Sony and only told half the truth? The PS4 not having any? will be a big plus for them but it could still be up to the publishers?
If it turns out to be the case they might get more backlash for trying to cover it up but if not then MS will probably be forced to change it.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:21 am

"We were thrilled by the unprecedented demand we saw for Xbox One today. In the first four hours of preorder availability, we sold through most of our Xbox One Day One Edition inventory. Customers eager to get an Xbox One should visit our store at http://amazon.com/xboxone to ensure they keep up-to-date on the latest information. We are excited to be working with Microsoft to deliver the next generation of games and entertainment,” said John Love, Director of US Video Games & Software at Amazon.com
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:58 am

The price will go down eventually and thats when I'll buy one. That goes for the PS4 as well. Plus, usually the first batch of the consoles have bugs and defects that will be fixed later on.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:08 am

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/44181 ... -late-2014 Xbox One Delayed Late 2014 in Asia.

Truthfully, it wouldn't sell there anyway, might as well not even release it in that market. Japan is DEPENDENT on used games, the restrictions just wouldn't fly there.
Last edited by ShenmueTree on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 am

Yeah, Batsu-Ichi (xbox one) will not sell well here, as all Microsoft consoles hasn't.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:01 pm

CD Projekt don't like DRM as most know....

Witcher maker CD Projekt Red has built an enviable relationship with gamers as much for its anti-DRM policies and willingness to support games with free content as for its strong RPGs.

Parent company CD Projekt Group also owns retro download shop Good Old Games, which bellows "no DRM" from the internet rooftops as a key selling point.

So if there's any company that Microsoft's now infamous Xbox One second-hand and online check-in policies sit ill with, it's this emerging Polish powerhouse.

For instance, if the publisher of The Witcher 3 (whoever that turns out to be) decides not to opt in and allow The Witcher 3 on Xbox One to be sold second-hand, what then - does CD Projekt simply swallow it?

"It is a good question," CDP co-founder and Joint CEO Marcin Iwiński told Eurogamer yesterday, "and, to be perfectly honest, we are eager to find our more ourselves.

"We have not received anything from Microsoft until today on this one and, before we form any definite opinions here, we would like to have this process explained in details by the platform holder.

"From our side, we will be of course looking for the most gamer friendly solution."

That comment was received after Microsoft's E3 press conference in which The Witcher 3 had a starring part - CDPR unveiling a gorgeous first trailer (below) and a dev diary (bottom) for the game.

But were CDPR to take issue with Microsoft's policies, what could it realistically do about them - not continue with the game on Xbox One?

"Again, we do not know anything definite, nor have we received any firm guidelines from Microsoft," responded Iwiński.

"Having said that, we strongly believe in the freedom of choice and voting with your wallet. I would disagree that it would do any good if we decided to abandon one of the platforms, especially when we have the capacity to create games for it.

"We have no influence on the decisions of platform holders, neither Microsoft's or Sony's, but there is a platform where we can decide what we think works best for the gamers, and that's the PC. "

The Witcher 3 will be the first game CD Projekt has simultaneously released on three platforms - The Witcher 2 appeared first on PC and then a year later on Xbox 360. "What it means for gamers is the previously mentioned freedom of choice," he said.

"I am sure that a lot of gamers will choose one of the consoles for its convenience and easiness of use - that's fine, and by doing so they will agree to whatever rules the platform holder will impose.

"What I can, however, guarantee here and now, is that if you want the 100 per cent DRM-free experience you will have it on the PC, the platform where we set the rules for our games. The Witcher 3 will be available 100 per cent DRM-free on our digital distribution platform GOG.com, and that's one thing I can confirm."

Sony scored a big PR goal at E3 yesterday by announcing no restrictions on second-hand PS4 game sales and no requirements to authenticate games online or check-in periodically with PlayStation Network.

"Ultimately," Iwiński said, "it's the gamers who will call the shots."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... y-concerns
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Last night Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy 15 would be coming to PlayStation 4, but today at an E3 presentation the publisher announced that it would be coming to Xbox One as well.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is also coming to Xbox One.

Final Fantasy 15 was shown off in a brief demo. It looked like you play along with two other NPCs, while your command menu consists of "warp," "attack" and "inform." It looked pretty action-based as the lead warps around to various enemies, dishing out sword slashes. At one point he even high fives his comrade after they helped out in a fight.

Elsewhere, Square revealed that you'll be able to transfer your save data from the PS3 version of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn to its PS4 version due next year. The PC and PS3 versions are due on 27th August worldwide.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... ox-one-too
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:17 pm

phpBB [video]

Love em.

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: Brothaman, Kenny
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:45 pm

I swear MS is only arsed with the here and now. What will happen to the AAA games 20-30 years from now that everyone wants to go back and play, when service for the XBO will likely be non-existant? There is not longevity with this console at all, sure we might be able to play the old games on whatever kind of hardware is available 20-30 years from now, but there is nothing like playing a game on its original hardware which I just dont see happening with xbox one after that period of time.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Don't have internet?Buy an xbox 360.

I asked if those that have absolutely no access to internet are completely out of luck. It seems they are.

Spencer explained: "I mean the analogy, and I don't know if it's a great analogy… let's say I live in an area that doesn't have cell service. I wouldn't go buy a cell phone. Now, I might roam in different areas where my cellphone becomes active."

He continued: "The 360 ecosystem is a great ecosystem for somebody that's in a purely disconnected state for long periods of time. We have built a natively connected device with Xbox One and we think the experiences are moving in that direction."
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming